In this article, we will be covering how to link Printer's Plan to your MyOrderDesk website. This allows job data to pass from MyOrderDesk into Printer's Plan for more in-depth management.
NOTE: This integration requires the use of Web2Plan/API: Printer's Plan API (Web2Plan and PlanWeb) Installation Guide
Step 1. Using the MyOrderDesk Administration Menu navigate to Services > Printer's Plan (Web2Plan).
Step 2. Enter your Printer's Plan Order Submission URL (xmlListener) and Pricing Request URL (listener). These URLs are your Web2Plan's public IP address or domain name. The shared secret is an optional feature to pass status updates from Printer's Plan to MyOrderDesk.
Step 3. Configure your order form for Price Requests and Order Requests. This is located in your cart settings for that order form. Here you can turn on Order Requests and Price Requests.
To properly map Printer's Plan for pricing requests you need to be using Templates. You can create a template just like any other job. You will need to create an item within a template and note its Template Number which will be a combination of the Job number and item number, for example: "151-3"
When setting up templates we always recommend using Price tables: Item Level Price Tables on Templates
- Order Requests
- Enable to submit orders into Printer's Plan.
- Price Requests
- Enable to allow pulling of pricing data from Printer's Plan.
- Template Number
- The Field that will contain the Printer's Plan Template Number.
- Unit Price
- The field that contains the Unit Price to send to Printer's Plan. Only used when sending a price.
- Unit of Measure
- The field that contains the UOM for Printer's Plan. Only used when sending a price.
- Art URL
- The field that contains the artwork URL for Printer's Plan. Only used if you have a static URL.
- The field that contains the item's price from a Price Request from Printer's Plan.
Step 4. Inside of Printer's Plan clicks on the WebOrders section. Any order submitted to Printer's Plan will appear here. With this Web Order, you can "Paste As" an order when you are ready to process the job.