How Job Tracker Works Follow
A Digital Daily Job Board
The Job Tracker is found within the Scheduler Tab and serves as an ‘at-a-glance’ view of production status for items in production as well as upcoming jobs. The JobTracker is further enhanced by the Scheduler Tool. Without the Scheduler Tool, the JobTracker is fairly basic.
In Job Tracker there are 4 views or sorting options:
- All Items - A view of all items for jobs in JobTracker.
- Items Not In Production - Items in JobTracker that have been placed on ‘Hold’ status.
- Items In Production - Items currently set to ‘In Production’ status.
- Items Done - Items that have been completed.
While using JobTracker you have several options available:
- Schedule Job - This brings up the Scheduler window and allows you to plan each stage of production for different days.
- Preview Job Specs - Shows the Job Specs Page.
- Add To Favorites - Add the view of the current screen to your ‘Favorites’ menu.
- Favorites - A shortlist of favorite pages that is accessed by pressing F4.
- Refresh List - Refreshes the list on the screen.
- Search List - Allows you to type in keywords to search the list.
- Select All - Selects all objects on page.
- View Filter - Displays the currently applied filter.
- View Column Totals - Shows the column’s totals.
- Set Column Sizes - Allows for each column’s size to be customized.
The field label ‘Group By…’ can be clicked to change the sort order between ‘Date/Order’ and ‘Order’.
Attempting to click on any of the field’s information on the JobTracker page will open up the Scheduler view to allow for updates. If the program doesn’t have the Scheduler Tool, then the fields can’t be updated in this view.
Several fields in the JobTracker View have special properties.
The field labeled ‘I’ can be right-clicked to apply a status update for that item or assign a production department from this menu.
The fields after the ‘Item Description / Service’ field will display the current production status and department that the item is currently in.
See image Below
When using JobTracker, as the item is processed through the necessary departments, this progress will be visualized with several symbols. The symbols will change as the progress is updated. *These are only available with the Scheduler Tool*
- Schedule - Will display an asterisk or ‘star’ symbol.
- Hold - Will display a hand symbol.
- Wait - Will display an hourglass symbol.
- Proof - Will display a symbol of the letter A with a magnifying glass.
- Tag - Will display a colored tag as well as text.
- Priority - Will display a number 1 - 9, or a colored green, yellow or red symbol based on In-stock, On-order, and To-order. *Applies when used in conjunction with the inventory tool.
The department that the item is currently in will display a forward-facing arrow in the color of that service department.
Once an item passes the current department and is moved into the next, the symbol will change to a checkmark and the next department will now have a forward arrow instead of just a colored box. *See image below*
If an item is passed through one or more departments by mistake, the status of the previous departments can be reversed by clicking on the checkmark for that service. The services after the selected service will revert back to colored boxes.
To update the department the item is currently in, you can click on the box in that department or you can right-click in the ‘I’ field and update the department manually. If a field has no box, then that service is not present in the item on the job.
If the ‘I’ field shows a golden checkmark, that indicates the item is done. You will also see this checkmark in the ‘Done’ field.
There are several other fields that have information established on the Job view and are unchanging in the JobTracker.
- The Date Fields
- Order-Item No
- Item Description/Service
*These can only be updated by changing the details of the Job itself.