In order to set up an item-level price table first create a template. Once a template is created, select any of the items on that template and change the 'Price Level' to 'Use Price Table'.
It will prompt you with 'Yes, Create...' or 'No'. Select 'Yes, Create...'.
A price table will open with some of the same options available but not all options are available in this Price Table. Only the options that apply to items.
In the upper set-up area, you will see the standard numbered values along with the drop-down menus.
- Select A Column Based On
- Select A Row Based On
- Read The Price In The Selected Cell As
- Calculate The Service Price Using
- Multiply The Cell Price By
These options' selected values will determine how the table below is read. This is standard for Price Tables.
The options that are available for '1. Select A Column Based On' are listed below:
- Use Column 1 (Ignore Other Columns) - This will limit the table to Item Quantity and Price and each row will be Item Quantity Breaks. Use this if the table needs only to be based on Item Quantity.
- Sheets Per Set (Originals) - This option will allow the columns to be determined by the number of overall Sheets for the item selected. Each Column can have its own pricing at different quantity breaks. Use this if you have more than one sheet in a set and want to price according to sheets.
- Pages Printed Per Set - When this is selected, the overall number of pages printed can alter the price-output at different Item Quantity Breaks. Use this for pads or booklets and price is determined by pages printed.
The only available option for '2. Select A Row Based On' is locked to 'Item Quantity'. This is because we are creating a table based on Item Quantity exclusively.
The options in '3. Read The Price In The Selected Cell As:' are standard.
- Per Each - Read the price as Price Value * Item Quantity
- Per Thousand - Read the price in the cell as Item Quantity * 1000 = Price
- Total - Read the price as the total price for this Item Quantity (Item Quantity = Price)
Next is the option for '4. Calculate The Service Price Using:' and we have the option of Step Method or Linear Method.
- Step Method - Rigid breaks between the Item Quantities.
- Linear Method - A 'Sliding Scale' that calculates the price based on median values between Item Quantity Breaks.
The final selection in the setup is '5. Multiply The Cell Price By:' option. Each selection will display the formula used below the field.
- (Built-in) - Item Price = Cell Price x Item Quantity x Sheets per Set OR Cell Price x Item Quantity x Pages Printed Per Set (Depending on the selection in field 1. )
- 1 - Item Price = Cell Price x Item Quantity x 1
- Sheets Per Set - Item Price = Cell Price x Item Quantity x Sheets Per Set
- Pages Printed Per Set - Item Price = Cell Price x Item Quantity x Pages Printed Per Set
The Price Table should be applied to the 'price level' on the template for the item. Each item can have its own price table.
Once there are multiple items with multiple price tables on the same template, the price tables can be used on orders, quotes and even other templates of the same product type. This allows for a very versatile pricing output.
Applying a Price Table to an item:
- Open up an order and click on an item.
- When viewing the item click where it says 'Price Level' and you will be prompted to select from a list of price tables you have created and it will show which template and item for which this price table was created.
- Select a Price Table to use that has appropriate pricing for your needs.