Midnight -Version 3.4
Released May 2, 2014
– Customer Screen/Open Orders Tab: a check box labeled ‘Show Closed Orders’ had been added to this tab so you can view closed orders for the customer as well. The Project Name column is now wider for better visibility.
– You will notice a new tab labeled, Attachments. This tab allows you to upload and store documents associated with your customer.
Inventory / Receive item – The receive inventory to Warehouse report has been renamed to Inventory Receipt.
Orders / Estimates:
– New Invoice Report- ‘Invoice Version Price’. This new invoice report suppresses all the department names and department grouping and simply lists all services associated with the job and has the Version Name of the Order placed above the services.
– Currently, in CRM, one has the ability to define a parent company for a given customer. We now utilize this relationship when working with Inventory on Orders. Below, you can see the Parent Company dropdown listed on the CRM/Detail tab. When selecting Inventory on an Order, we now not only display the inventory for the Customer selected in the header of the Order, but also all Customers who have selected the Customer in the header of the Order as their “Parent Company”. The inventory selector screen first displays all inventory for the selected customer on the order – then it displays all inventory for customers that have selected that customer as their parent – and lastly it displays all Inventory that has been marked as Global and that are available to all customers.
– You will notice a new tab labeled, Attachments on the Estimate. This tab allows you to upload and store documents associated with the estimate. When converting the estimate to an order, the links will copy over to the order.
– In the header of the Estimate and Order pages we have added a new field labeled, ‘Artwork In’. Just as you are able to set target dates and identify when data or material is received for a job, you can now do the same for Artwork.
– In the header of the Estimate and Order pages we have added a new field labeled, Time Due. This will allow you to not only define a date when the job is due, but also define the time of day that it is due. Our next release will add the Time Due field to the Dynamic Job Board.
– In the header of the Estimate and Order pages, Drop Date has been renamed to ‘Due Date’.
—->All updates to the Estimate and Order header mentioned above have been accommodated in the Work Order reports.
Inventory: Item name was added to the Inventory Search screen.
Postage / Adjustments: a comment field was added to the adjustments screen so that one could provide explanation as to why the adjustment was necessary.
Dynamic Job Board (DJB): A printer icon was added. One can now print a landscape report displaying all contents currently visible on the DJB.
Scheduling / Machine Schedule (visual scheduler): When entering new orders into the system, the auto-schedule function will now add new jobs in the next available timeslot using a 30min buffer in-between jobs. The auto-schedule feature was scheduling the task before, but every task was being placed at the starting time declared for a particular machine. This required that one manually move jobs around. Now it will find the next available slot and schedule the job.
– The ‘Open Orders – All’ report, ‘Open Orders – By CSR’ report and ‘Open Orders – By Rep’ report were all moved to the Sales Reports section in the Reports module.
– Two new reports were added to the Inventory Reports Section –
–‘Inventor Report – Child Only’: You are prompted to select the parent company, and then the inventory for all customers that selected that company as their parent will be displayed.
–‘Inventory Report – Parent / Child’: You are prompted to select the parent company, and then the inventory for the parent company and all customers that selected that company as their parent will be displayed.
– New Report: ‘Postage Checks Received’. This report displays all postage checks received for all customers for a given date. If the check was earmarked for an order, the order number will be displayed.
– The ‘Postage Inventory Report’ was enhanced to display additional transaction data. The report used to only show adjustments and disbursements entered via the Postage Inventory screen. It now also displays received checks and the amount of money associated with postage on orders.
iPad Inventory Application:
The iPad inventory application received an overhaul and was updated to the latest iOS version. It was updated to accommodate for the inventory changes that have taken place in Midnight, and was given a more user-friendly find/search feature. This apple inventory app has become quite popular with end users and a new version with even more updates will be available at the Apple store soon – stay tuned!
– The ‘Recent Inventory Receipts Widget’ was renamed to ‘Recent Inventory Receipts (ItemCode)’ and a new widget was created that is named, ‘Recent Inventory Receipts (ItemID)’. One displays Item code and one displays ItemID.
– Midnight now supports creating an export file for Quick Books online.
– The Quick Links section on the left side of the page on Orders and Estimates now has a link labeled, ‘Customer Quick Add’. This link allows you to add a new customer without leaving the Estimate or Order page. When done adding the new customer, the customer will automatically be selected in the Customer drop down.
– We updated the AddNew method in the Midnight web service to accommodate billing address and specify whether or not service line items are taxable.
– A new widget was created that is called, ‘Blank’. If you have employees that you would prefer to not have data displayed on their dashboard, you can use this widget. You can select that is display on all four panels of the dashboard if you like. This is done in Admin/Employees.
– Order and Order Version User Defined Fields are now saving correctly.
– The Work Order by Department tab is now applying page breaks correctly.
– The issue with Postage being applied to escrow without prompting the user first was addressed.
– A few dropdowns in the CRM module were not displaying in alpha order – this was addressed.
– The reports in the report module would sometimes ‘jump around’ if the report name was too long – this was addressed.