This article outlines how to use the Settings tab to update defaults and format various options within Printer's Plan. These settings should be updated before using Printer's Plan in a live environment to streamline the workflow and get more productivity out of the software.
Below is a list of definitions for the menu options and how they affect the software. Use the keyboard shortcut "CTRL + F" to do a search for specific terms or definitions.
- Shop Options: This is a short menu where several key aspects of a company's preferences can be set such as the default printing method.
- Reminder Types: Update default reminder types in this menu to use in the reminder tool.
- Document Options: Used for setting default formatting on printed documents such as layout, fonts, and colors.
- Favorite Posting Reports: When posting payment data the program will print these preferred reports.
- Job Options: This is an extensive menu with many adjustable settings for jobs. These options should be reviewed before using the software.
- Product Types: This menu determines the default product types and quantities that can be selected when creating a new item on an order.
- Shipping Methods: Enter shipping methods that the program should allow to be selectable on orders or in customer accounts.
- Data To Require: When creating a new order or quote the program will require certain information based on selections made in this menu.
- Data To Reset: When copying a job or quote from one state to another some information can be retained or reset based on selections made on this menu.
- How To Save Item Price: When repricing a job the program can present several pricing options or retain a certain price level based on selections made on this menu.
- how To Round Item Price: This menu allows for adjusting prices based on preference such as rounding up to the nearest dollar.
- Item Document Types: Adjust the language used for item types that are assigned in the specs window and printed on invoices.
- Order Tags: Update tag text and colors that can be assigned to orders.
- Quote Tags: Update tag text and colors that can be assigned to quotes.
- Sources: Information for tracking customer sources within the Printer's Plan database.
- Business Types: Update customer information pages with the type of business customers are in.
- Contact Departments: Update contact pages with their department within the company such as marketing or accounts receivable.
- Customer Properties: Allows for tracking custom properties at the customer level.
- Contact Properties: Allows for tracking custom contact properties on an individual contact level.
- Customer / Contact Tags: Customer Tags and Contact Tags are separate menus that allow tagging customers and contacts with specific properties such as 'prospecting' or 'needs meeting'.
- Sales Departments: Configure default sales departments to be assigned on the service level. These should be updated before using the program.
- Taxes: Enter all tax rates that the program will need to use for sales.
- Terms: Enter all customer terms that the program will need to use.
- Payment Types: Enter all payment types that will be used for jobs such as cash or check.
- Credit Reasons: These are the default reasons for assigning credit to a customer such as an overpayment.
- Operators: Enter all operators here.
- Service Reps: Enter all service representatives.
- Sales Reps: Enter all sales representatives and commission rates.
- Paper Vendors: Enter paper vendors that will be assigned on paper material services.
- Other Vendors: Enter all vendors to be used on purchase orders generated from Printer's Plan.
Frequently Used Text
- Job/Item Titles: Enter or adjust default job or item titles such as 'Business Cards for' to simplify workflow.
- Paper Run Sizes: Enter all default paper run sizes that should be referenced.
- Paper Colors: Update default paper color selection for use.
- Ink Colors: Update default selectable ink colors when updating paper specs on an item for an order.
- - Quick Notes -: This section allows for default 'quick notes' to be entered for each section that allows notes to be entered. On the notes page, there is a 'quick note' selection where the information entered here will be selectable.
- Services: On the service window when selecting the pen icon next to the notes section a note window will open and there is a 'quick note' button in this window.
- Work Orders: When a job is opened and the job notes area is clicked, a note window will open with the 'quick note' area allowing work order notes to be selected.
- Invoices: Default invoice notes can be used when viewing a job and selecting 'Memo To Customer'. In the window that opens the 'quick notes' button will allow selecting these defaults.
- Items: On the job window, select an item to view its properties, click 'Item Note' to view the note window, and select the 'quick note' to view the default items quick notes.
- Customers: These default notes are selected in the customer properties window when clicking 'Customer Note' and using the 'quick note' button.
- Alerts: Selectable when clicking either 'New Job Alert' or 'Invoice Alert' in the customer properties window. In the note window that opens click on 'quick note'.
- A/R: When viewing the A/R payment window and clicking the note section a note window will open. Click 'quick note' to use the 'quick notes' assigned.
- Ship To: In the 'Ship To' contact record under the 'Shit To Address' page there is a notes section. Click 'Notes' to display the quick notes.
- Vendors: In the vendor information page there is a note section. Click the 'Note' header to select 'quick note' and select the default note.
- Hours: These are the default hours displayed when selecting a time due.
Not all of these settings will need to be updated before using Printer's Plan however it is important to understand where all of this information can be updated if the need arises. These settings can save time and help streamline workflows.