Printer's Plan has a feature for processing sales without having to create a traditional order using services to populate items on a job. The quick sale feature uses a list of predefined simple services.
Setting Up Services
quick sale uses a pre-configured list of services that are set up separately from traditional services. These services can be accessed through the 'Services' tab and are located within the 'Other' department is a 'Quick Sale' category.
These services are set up with a limited service setup window that only requires the service's costs and pricing. These services only use the following fields:
- Service Name: The name of the service used for quick sale
- Popup Reminder: An alert that can appear with the information entered when used.
- Default note: A default note for the service.
- Sales Dept.: The sales department to which this service will report.
- Run Table: This is where the costs and pricing for this service will be entered.
- Mat. Costs: Enter the cost of this item or service. In the example shown is pads.
- Run Price: If not using the markup field, enter a price for this item.
- Mat. Costs And Run Prices Are: This field establishes the quantity field in the run table as 1, 1000, or total cost or price using the options available in the drop-down menu.
- Markup: Enter a markup to be used in conjunction with the costs entered.
Using Quick Sale
Once the quick sale services have been configured for the shop's needs they will be available in the quick sale tool to use.
The quick sale tool can be used by clicking on the icon shown below the top row of icons in Printer's Plan.
In the quick sale window that appears, there are several options to choose before the sale can be completed.
- Service: Each row will require a service to be selected to use for pricing
- Quantity: Once a service is selected enter a quantity
- Price/Each: This field will auto-populate based on the information in the service. The information can be updated from here as well
- Price: The total price will be calculated based on the Price/Each and the Quantity
- Tax: Select the tax region that will be applied to this order
Once all of the information regarding the sale is entered and configured, press OK to open the 'Payment For Quick Sale' window. Here the payment information is entered.
This appears similar to the traditional payment window and payment with a payment type and reference can be entered along with the date paid.
Clicking Print & Save will create a document called 'PAYMENT' which will appear as a receipt once saved.
Quick sales will be posted automatically each time a new posting is completed. There is an accompanying Quick Sale report that can be printed when posting as well.
All quick sale services that are used will report to the sales department that are assigned to each service. However, in the Reports tab under More Reports, there is a Quick Sales folder that will track all of the quick sales processed.
In this reports folder there are 4 reports:
- List: All quick sales processed in the time period selected organized by date.
- Displays the Subtotal, Tax, Tax Name, and Posting Number
- Detail: All quick sales processed in the selected time period organized by date but includes the detail for each quick sale.
- Includes date, quick sale service, count of service, quantity, and price
- Summary By Dept.: This report will show a high-level summary of posting information.
- Includes group, service dept name, count, and quick sale total.
- Summary By Tax: This report displays a summary of quick sales by the tax only.
- Organized by tax name and includes an overall count, the quick sale total and the tax total.