Setting up Service Types
Midnight comes pre loaded with a standard set of Service Types, more commonly referred to as Departments. You can utilize these departments, modify, or delete them depending on how your services and pricing are currently set up. The fastest way to setup midnight pricing is to work with the pre-loaded list of service types and standard services, making adjustments and additions where necessary.
Adding or Editing Department Tabs
You can have as many or as few department tabs as you want in Midnight. The deciding factors should be the way you want your workflow segmented and the way you want to see your reports like estimates, work orders, and invoices formatted.
To access the Service Type Setup screen, click on The Gear Icon in the upper right of the screen. Then select Service Type from the menu on the left of the screen.
Accessing the Service Types Screen
The Service Types screen allows you to add or remove department tabs, or change the name or sort order in which they display.
Service Types Screen
The fields on the screen are as follows:
- Code – two digit code to be used in linking services to the correct department or service type
- Name – display name of the department to be seen in estimates and orders and on reports
- Sort – order in which the department tabs will be displayed
- Icon- a way to visually identify service types easier
- Color- assign a color to easily find service types
- Kiosk Hide – flag to indicate services from this department will not be displayed on the kiosk for job costing purposes
- Active – flag to indicate whether or not the department/service type is currently in use
- Edit - Standard edit functionality
- Delete - Standard delete functionality
To add a new service type, click in the bottom row fields in gray, and begin by entering the Code, Name, flags for Kiosk Hide and Active, and then click on the Save button (small blue floppy disk icon).
The new service type will be added with the next available sort, so it will be the last department tab. In the example above, it will be added with a Sort of 12. To change that, you will click on the pencil edit button to the right of the new record, and enter your new sort for that department.
The sort order in the Service Type gris will determine the order of the department tabs in estimates and orders.