Midnight / Fulfillment Customer Integration Follow
This article will discuss how to setup and configure the Midnight / Fulfillment Integration and how to link Customers between the two systems.
Starting with 6.9.5, users of both Midnight and Fulfillment can configure their sites to integrate with each other. Over the next several releases, functionality will be added to enable users to synchronize data between the two systems. The initial focus will be on synchronizing inventory level and item data for common customers in the two systems. Different data objects will be added in phases over the upcoming months:
- Customers (6.9.5)
- Product/Items (6.9.6)
- Warehouse Locations (6.9.7)
- Inventory Levels (Q1 2021)
In this document, we will describe how to configure the integration between Midnight & Fulfillment for linking and synchronizing Customers.
Enabling Midnight Integration
To enable the integration functionality between the two systems follow these steps:
- Login to your Fulfillment site as a user with Admin privileges
- Click on the Administration icon on the home page
- Click on the Integrations link on the left to expand it
- Click on the Midnight link
- In the resulting panel, click on the Midnight Integration Active checkbox
- Click the Update Settings button to commit your changes
When enabled, you can proceed to link Fulfillment Customers with their Midnight counterparts.
Link Fulfillment to Midnight Customers
After enabling the integration, the next step is to link Fulfillment Customers with a Midnight Customer for those Customers who exist in both systems. Follow these steps:
- If you have already done so, enter the Customer record in Fulfillment and in Midnight. The Customer records need to exist in both systems prior to linking.
- In Fulfillment, login as a user with the Accounts privilege
- At the Home Page, click on Manage Accounts
- Click on the hyperlink for the Customer you wish to link
- In Manage Accounts, click on the Midnight button in the command button bar. This button is visible when the Midnight Integration is enabled.
- In the Midnight Integration screen, click the Midnight Customer ID hyperlink
- In the Customer Search dialog, use the filter fields to find the Midnight Customer you wish to link to the current Fulfillment Customer record. Click the blue hyperlinked Customer to select it.
- To complete the link, click the Link button. A message box will ask you to confirm your selection.
Note that when you link a customer, the system will update the Midnight Customer fields to be equal to the Fulfillment Customer records.
- Company Name
- Address 1
- Address 2
- Address 3
- Zip Code
Once linked, changes to these fields in either Midnight or Fulfillment will update the paired record in the other system. For example, if you change the address information to a Midnight Customer, upon Saving, these address changes will be reflected in the linked Fulfillment Customer record.