The MyOrderDesk site has some powerful automated notification tools to help customize your communication with your userbase and provides them with links and information they may desire. You may navigate to the notifications section by clicking on your admin bar and going to Site Settings>Notifications. This article will explain how to set these notifications up.
There are many notification templates and Job Field links that may be used on the site. This article will cover the most commonly used notifications and the aspects used in customizing them.
If you want an index of each notification and its description, the list can be found Here.
If you want an index of each Job Field link description, the list can be found Here.
The two most common notifications are Job Received in the Job Confirmations to Customer List and the New Job Received in the Notification to Shop List.
- Job Received in the Job Confirmations to Customer
- This confirmation will be sent to the end-user placing the order after the order has been submitted.
- New Job Received in the Notification to Shop
- This confirmation will be sent to the employees after the order has been submitted.
After selecting most notifications, you will see a dropdown labeled Use with. Select Cart Based Orders. This will apply to most if not all order forms used on the site. If you are using non-cart based forms, select the other selection. We highly recommend upgrading your forms to cart-based if you have not.
You can have a different message sent, based on the order form used to place the order. Use the list below to change the message for a specific order form. The standard "Default" message will otherwise be used.
- Email Formating The default format that these notifications are sent at HTML. There is a fall back of plain text in case the users email does not support HTML.
Subject line and Source code The subject line of the notifications can only be edited from the source code. To access the source, click the <> on your formatting bar. Add your subject line in between the <title></title> and click okay.
- Formating Tools All your standard formatting tools can be located here, ranging from alignment to bold and italicizing tools
- Image and URL Links You can create and embed URLs and image links into your notification template by clicking the chain link icon on your formatting bar. A UI will open up allowing you to add the link and label the link. The target dropdown will force the user's browser to open the link in a new tab. Any image links will need to be publicly accessible to load.
- Merge Fields Merge Fields will allow you to pull data from other sources such as info from the user's profile, specs from a job, as well as fields from an order form. The Merge field can be broken up into parts.
- Current User These fields will pull information from the user's profile. Useful for adding a personal touch.
- Vendor These fields pull vendor information.
- Job These fields pull information from carts or jobs that have been created. Such as totals, taxes, and job number. These are great for recapping information about an order that was placed.