Manually Adjusting Payments Entered in for Printer's Plan A/R:
If you have applied a payment incorrectly in A/R, you need to do the following to correct the error:
- Create a partial refund in Merchant Track
- Apply an advanced negative payment in Printers Plan to accommodate for the reversal in Merchant Track
- Adjust the Job totals of jobs that received the partial refund.
The next paragraphs explain each of these steps in detail.
1. Creating the partial refund in Merchant Track
1. Log into Merchant Track. If you are not familiar with Merchant Track you can use the article linked below to learn how to gain access to Merchant Track
2. Locate the payment you would like to perform a partial refund on. Open the transaction details and select refund under the actions panel.
3. Input the amount you will be refunding the customer. (It is worth noting you will need to manually input how much of this is tax and assure the subtotal amount and tax amount equal the total amount).
2. Creating an advanced negative payment in Printers Plan to accommodate for the reversal in Merchant Track
1. Open the Payment window for the customer who you have issued a partial refund. (For instructions on opening the Payment window of a customer, see the inset titled “Payment Window of a Customer in A/R” under “Receiving Payments”.) Then, enter the following:
Type: Select the payment type you originally selected for the payment.
Ref.: Type Partial Refund. The entry in this field will serve as a reference for you in the future; therefore, you may use any other words of your choice.
Amount: Enter the amount of the partial as a negative amount with a minus sign (-) in front.
CAUTION: Do not apply the payment to any invoices.
Now the Payment window should look similar to the following:
2. Click one of the Save buttons. The following pop-up message appears.
You will be greeted with a second pop-up stating that no credit card would be charged for this payment, click yes.
3. Click Yes.
Now the Payments Received list includes a negative payment amount, which offsets the original payment amount.
3. Adjust the Job totals of jobs that received the partial refund.
1. In A/R, find the paid invoice that needs to be updated and open its Job Totals window as explained in the following inset.
To Open the Job Totals Window:
If the invoice was paid in full:
- Open the Invoices Paid in Full folder
- If the date the invoices were paid is today, click on Today. Otherwise, click Other Date..., enter the invoice number, and click Find Now.
- Double-click on the invoice. The History Job window opens.
- Click Job Totals at the bottom. The Job Totals window opens.
If the invoice was partially paid:
- Open the Payment window for the customer that received the incorrectly applied payment.
- Click on the incorrectly paid invoice to highlight it.
CAUTION: Do not check the box next to the invoice.
3. Click Edit Job Totals on the left pane. The Job Totals window opens.
2. In the Paid field, highlight the amount and adjust it.
You will want to ensure this field reflects the actual amount the customer was charged.
CAUTION: Be sure to enter any paid amounts as a negative number.
3. Click OK to close the Job Totals window.
Once these steps are done Merchant Track, Printers Plan A/R, and the job in question will all be proper.