Items in this Release:
- New Password Requirements
- Verify Job Balance Before Processing a Payment
- New Surcharge Settings
- Alphanumeric Characters Accepted on the New Payment Window
- Required Data Fields are Displayed with an * Character
- Transaction Time Stamp Added to Nightly Transaction Summary Report
- Other Improvements
New Password Requirements
For increased security, Print Reach Central now has stricter password requirements. The new password must be between 8 and 32 characters in length, must not contain the account name, and must contain characters from at least 3 of the following categories: Uppercase, Lowercase, Number, or Special Character. If your current password does not meet the requirements, you will be prompted to create a new password the next time you log in.
Verify Job Balance Before Processing a Payment
A new option has been added to the Merchant Settings/Print Reach Pay Settings section: Verify Job Balance. This option is available for our customers using Printer's Plan or Midnight, and is disabled by default.
Once enabled, Print Reach Central will send a request to the MIS to verify the balance of the job. If the invoice exists, and the balance is greater than, or equal to the “Payment Applied To Invoice Amount” then the payment will be processed as normal.
If the invoice exists and the balance is less than the “Payment Applied to Invoice Amount” the payment will not be processed and the following alert message will appear: “Payment was not processed: The balance of the job is less than the payment amount. If you have a question about this alert message please contact [Merchant Name] at [Merchant Phone] or [Merchant Email].
If the MIS does not return a response, or returns a response to the effect of “invoice does not exist”, Print Reach Central will process the transaction.
New Surcharge Settings
In the Surcharge Settings section there is a new option labeled Use External Surcharge Settings. When this option is enabled Print Reach Central will retrieve the surcharge name and rates from the MIS (Midnight/Printer's Plan). If the MIS does not return surcharge data, then the Print Reach Central surcharge settings will be used.
Alphanumeric Characters Accepted on the New Payment Window
On the New Payment window the Invoice Number field will now accept alphanumeric characters. Previously this field would only accept an integer value.
Required Data Fields Displayed with an * Character
On all Print Reach Central pages, including the Hosted Payment Page, required data fields will now be marked with an * character.
Time Stamp Added to Nightly Transaction Summary Report
The Nightly Transaction Summary Report contains all Transactions up to Midnight, but any Transactions after the 8pm Central batching cut off will fund the following day, and will not be listed on the report. To clear up some of the confusion around this, we added the Transaction Time Stamp to the report, along with a note: Transactions made after 20:00 Central Time will not be batched out until the following business day.
- When creating/editing a Security Role, modules that are disabled for that role will no longer be visible to the end user. Each security role is required to have at least one active module, this active module will be the default view when the end user logs in.
- When saving a new payment method the address information of this method was not captured, this is now fixed.
- The pagination menu is now fixed at the bottom of the page, previously you would need to scroll to the bottom of the list to view this menu.
- When making a payment from the New Payment window, after a successful payment a window appears allowing the end user to print or email a receipt. Previously this receipt did not include the name of the customer, this is now fixed.
- When printing a Transaction Receipt from the Print Reach Central Transaction Details page, if the payment originated in the MIS (Printer’s Plan or Midnight), surcharge or multi invoice payments were not properly reflected on the receipt. This is now fixed.
- The Print Reach Central version number is now displayed on the Login and Hosted Payment Page.