Midnight's tools tab contains the Proofs, Postage, and Payments tab. These tabs are important to the customer approval process.
The Proofing tool enables users to actively communicate with customers and involve them immediately in the proofing process. Online Proof requests are created and managed from within the Tools tab. The initial screen is a list or ‘queue’ of proof requests. From this screen you can view/add/update/search proof requests.
The Proof Request Search screen lists all requests in the system, so to narrow down the list you can use one of the eight filter fields at the top of each column. To access one of the requests, click on the request ID. To add a new request, click on the green New Proof Request button on the toolbar.
The tabs on this screen are:
- User Name: The name of the user who entered the proof.
- Description: A description for the proof request.
- Request Date: The date the request was made.
- Request Status: The status of the request, such as Approved, closed, open, etc.
- Process type: The type of process it is, such as Proof Request, etc.
- Customer: The customer the proof is addressed to.
- Estimate: The estimate the proof is about.
- Service: The service being performed for the proof.
- Comments: Comments about the proof.
- Approvers: The employees/Contacts at the company that are approving the proof
The Proof Approval request is a workflow designed to enable a user to upload a proof file, and then email it to the customer for approval. Once the user clicks on submit, the dialogue will continue to launch an email window, allowing the user to update a standard message, and then the system will send the named contact an approval request to their email.
Once your customer receives the email, they can click on the link in the middle of the email to launch their access to your portal, with the proof approval request screen for them to approve, reject, or approve the proof with comments.
Once the customer approves/rejects a proof, adds their comments, and updates the status of the request, the request queue will be updated accordingly.
If you are experiencing issues where the customer is not receiving your proof request emails, they may be getting caught in the customers spam filter.