Formula Fields on Email Templates Follow
As part of the 2021 update of Printer's Plan, on email templates you can now create a formula field to perform calculations on an email message.
To create a formula, on the email template use the following syntax:
[Formula]<Field1> operator <Field2>[/Formula]
Here is a description of this syntax:
- [Formula] - This text block signals the start of the formula.
- <Field1> - This is the first field of the formula. This field can be a number, or a Printer’s Plan merge field. When using a Printer’s Plan merge field, the merge field has to be a numerical value.
- Operator - supported operators are + - * /
- <Field2> - Same requirements as Field1.
- [/Formula] - This text block signals the end of the formula.
Example: On an email message you would like to display 50 percent of the job balance. To achieve this result on the email template you would add the following formula:
Rules: You can use multiple formula blocks on an email template, however a formula block can only have a single equation. Additionally, formula blocks cannot be stacked, meaning you can’t have a formula within another formula.
Email template files are located in the Email folder on the server computer. This is the computer that stores the Printer's Plan database (PlanData.mdb).