If you want to use a more sophisticated “market-pricing” option for pricing a Service, use the
“Price Table” instead of the “Run Table”. The Price Table, with its multiple user-definable columns
and rows and its additional calculation methods offer greater flexibility in the pricing process.
Assigning a Price Table to a Service
- Select “Use Price Table” in the Price field of the Service setup window.
- Enter 0 (zero) in the Markup… field.
- Click the Price Table button to open the Price Table of this service.
Overview of a Price Table
The Price Table window has two parts:
Printer’s Plan determines which Cell Price to use based on the selections in Price Table
Properties 1 and 2. These property selections determine the cell to be referenced in the Price
- Property 1 defines the Columns.
- Property 2 defines the Rows.
Printer’s Plan calculates the Total Service price based on the selections in Price Table Properties
3, 4, and 5. These property selections determine how to use the cell referenced in the Price
- Property 3 tells Printer’s Plan how to read the Cell Price – as Per Each unit, Per
Thousand units, or as the Total Service Price.
- Property 4 tells Printer’s Plan how to calculate the Cell Price between quantity
- Property 5 tells Printer’s Plan how to calculate the Total Service price after
determining the Cell Price
After you set up a Price Table, please verify the price of the Service for all of the conditions in
which you intend to use this Service.
You cannot copy and paste a Price Table from one Service to another. You can, however,
copy and paste a Service that contains a Price Table. The new Service will contain an
exact copy of the original Price Table. All you will need to do is to modify the other
properties of the new Service.
To print a Price Table, press [Ctrl+F7] while the table is open.
Price Table Properties and Options
Setup Price for a Service using a Price Table
If a service using a Price Table requires a Setup Price, do the following in the Service setup
1. Change the selection in the Price field from “Price Table” to “Use Price Column of Setup and
2. In the Setup Table, select “Lot (1)” in the Per column and enter the setup price in the Setup
Price column. You may enter the time (Minutes) and Material Cost, also; however, they will
not be used to calculate the price.
3. Change the selection in the Price field back to “Price Table”
This selection disables the Setup Price column of the Setup Table; however, Printer’s Plan will
use the price assigned in that column ($15 in the above figure).