How To Use The PriceWiz Calculator Follow
The PriceWiz calculator is an included tool that allows for creating items to test for pricing output.
This tool allows for adding services and adjusting the printing specifications to calculate item level pricing at different quantity levels.
- Step 1 - Set Specs
- QBreak: Determines the quantity breaks listed in step 3's quantity column.
- Side1: Determines the front side's print properties
- Side2: Determines the back side's print properties
- Markup: Select the price level such as bid, rush or special
- Coverage: Allows for adjusting the coverage value on the difficulty table for the printer
- Registration: Selects the printer's registration value and adjusts the difficulty for the printer
- Wash: Add washes to the print job which can affect the overall price based on the plate information applied
- Mix: Adds mixes to the print job based on colors selected and can adjust the price
- Bleed: Setting the number of bleeds can affect the difficulty and alter price-output as well
- Step 2 - Select Services
- Services: Step 2 will require a selection of paper service, a printer, and a plate service as well as an 'other' service. This is building a simple item to test the general output.
- Step 3 - Compare Calculated VS Target Prices
- Step 3 will display the quantity breaks selected in step 1 and the price that was calculated. In the 'Target' field the desired price can be entered and the program will calculate the numerical difference and output a percentage difference.
The PriceWiz tool can be useful for testing general output but doesn't allow for adjusting finish size documents or adding multiple finishing services. For more detailed testing a test quote can be created.