Product Types - Adding Default Services Follow
In Printer's Plan, you can adjust which Product Types are available when creating new jobs, quotes, or templates.
If left alone, this selection will only adjust the product type and apply a default quantity.
By using a custom template you can adjust the quantity, price level, and services applied automatically when choosing the product type in order creation. Setting default services to be automatically added when selecting a product type can save time in the workflow.
This is very useful for:
- Saving time in order creation for standard services associated with product types.
- Eliminating errors when creating quotes or orders.
- Allowing CSRs to easily create orders without having intimate knowledge of services.
- Pulling special pricing for certain items (When used in conjunction with Item Level Price Tables)
To acomplihs this we use Template 888.
Creating Template 888:
- Navigate to your Jobs tab and select 'NEW' at the top of the program.
- A prompt will show asking what type of item is being created. Select Template on the left-hand side in the area labeled '1 - What Type Of Job?'
- In the second area labeled '2 - Who Ordered The Job?' assign to 'Walk-in Customer'.
- A selection for '3 - And Your Name Is (CSR)?' is not necessary at this time.
- At this point, a template will appear on the screen. Here is where items can be created and adjusted to what is preferred when selecting a default product type. Defaults can be set for no product type as well by selecting the '?' product type.
- If the item is priced, use the 'Edit Costs' button to set the price to 0.
- Once the items on the template are configured click where the word 'Template' appears in a purple box and use the drop-down menu to 'Change The Number Of This Job'. Assign the value 888 and click Save.
Now when selecting product types for new orders or quotes the services selected will automatically be added without manual entry needed.
Some updates may be necessary to adjust the template to your specific needs on specific orders, however.