In Printer's Plan, graphic design services are set up in several unique ways. This guide will outline the different service configurations.
Design By Hour
A design by hour service is typically set up to be a 'time only' service. This means no materials will be tracked in the cost or the price. In the image below, I have highlighted 3 areas.
- Run Table
- Quantity: This service is uniquely configured to not have any quantity output. This will remove the quantity output from the job view and allow a quote or order to just display a service.
- Cost: The 'cost' of this service is 'Time Cost Only' with a listed hourly rate in the 'Cost / Hour' field of $52.00. This is where you enter your hourly rate for the design service.
- Run Table: On the run table there is a listed quantity break of 1 in the 'QtyBreak' field and nothing is entered in the 'Units/Hour'. By leaving this field blank, when the service is added to an order, the CSR will be prompted to enter the amount of time this service took to actually complete.
When creating the quote or order and prompted to enter a time for this service, the hourly rate plus the listed markup will be used to generate a price.
Similar to the 'Design By Hour' service the quantity is not used in this service. Below is an example of an imposition service. In the image below I have highlighted several key areas.
- Setup Table
- Run Table
- Mat Costs And Run Prices Are
- Cost: This service is based on Time Cost Only but has no value in the 'Cost / Hour' field. This establishes this as a time cost service but doesn't have any pre-determined cost.
- Price: The price of this service set to 'Use Price Column Of Setup And Run Table' which will allow a specific price to be set based on the 'Setup & Run Table'.
- Setup Table: Based on the price selection a 'Setup Price' can be established. In the image above this value is set to $20.
- Run Table: The Run table in this service setup is completely blank. The information necessary for calculations is the Run Price and this information will be collected when creating the order or quote.
- Mat. Costs And Run Prices Are: This field is set to 'Total' which informs the service of how to calculate the information on the service.
Using the service setup shown above when creating a quote or order, several prompts will ask you for additional input.
Design Per Original
This service is set up to output based on the number of originals. In the image below I have highlighted the key areas for this service setup.
- Setup & Run Table
- Mat. Costs & Run Prices Are
- Quantity: The quantity for this service is set to 'Item Quantity'. The service quantity output will match the item quantity.
- Price: This service uses the price column of the setup & run table. This allows for specific price-output based on the quantity breaks.
- Setup Table: This service is set up with a material cost and setup price both based on the total number of pages per set. This allows for additional setup material costs and prices based on more pages.
- Run Table: Similar to the service previously outlined, this run table is also primarily blank. This allows for the material cost and price to be entered when the order or quote is created.
- Mat. Cost & Run Prices Are: This field is set to 'Per Each' which allows the Setup & Run Table to output cost and prices formatted for each item.
When using this service a prompt will appear asking for additional information regarding the cost per each.