MyOrderDesk's Reporting feature allows you to easily create reports for your customers and your shop.
Below are a few highlights of Reporting:
- No coding involved
- Build custom reports for individual customers
- Customers run their reports at their convenience
- Reports can be viewed on the internet, exported to a CSV (Excel) file, or printed.
Building a Custom Report
Reports are built under Admin Menu > Reports.
Each report can be turned on and off at the Group level inside of Users and Groups.
Reports are accessed by going to the Order History page and selecting "Reports" from the top left
Building a new Report
- Click on Admin Menu > Reports
- Type a report name – this name will be displayed to your customer. We recommend adding the customer’s name for easy management purposes. Then click "Create".
- Turn the Report on and off using the Enable checkbox (Image D below)
- Choose one of your Order Forms to base your report on (Image E). NOTE: After selecting an Order Form, a list of all the fields on that Order Form will appear. We will select them later.
- If you'd like to you can click to check the box that reads Restrict report to this order form (Image F). This will make it so this report only contains data from the report from the previous step.
- Choose a field by which to sort your report (Image G)
- Click Save (Image H)
- Choose the columns that you'd like to display on the report. Below we've chosen Order ID, Order Sender, Project Name, and Location. When complete, click Save.
- The pull-down menus to the right allow you to specify whether or not you'd like to calculate a Count or Sum at the bottom of the report. To see a sample of "Sum" download the sample report at the beginning of this document.
- Count - How many times the item occurs in the report.
- Sum - Addition of all the numbers in a single column.
- Both - Both the count and the sum at the end of the report.
- Next, turn on the Report for whichever groups you'd like inside of Users and Groups (Image B above)
- Once you have turned the report on for the desired group, use the "Sign In As..." tool in the right-hand corner of your screen to log in as your customer and test the Report.
- The report name will appear in the dropdown list. Set any additional parameters and click Generate Report