Midnight v5.2 (12/2016) Release Notes Follow
Midnight – Version 5.2
Released December 16th, 2016
Admin: System Administrators now have the ability to ‘Undelete’ orders that have been deleted. This can be done in Admin->Estimate/Order->Undelete Orders.
Orders / Estimates:
– Order Search: Added Parent Company Name to the extended search panel.
– Moved the Pre-pay check box in the top section of the Order page to the Order/Details tab.
– Orders/Accntg Export/Purchase Order Export: The ability to export Purchase Orders to your accounting system has been created. Currently, this is supported for those using Quick Books. We are in the process of integrating this feature with other accounting systems as well. If you don’t use Quick Books and want us to prioritize your accounting system so you can utilize this feature, please call support.
– Quick Links located on the Orders page are now enabled / disabled in Admin/Security
Proofs: The Order # and/or Estimate # is now being appended in the subject line of Proof emails. This makes it easier to track correspondence when multiple proof requests are in process.
Dynamic Job Board:
– Horizontal scrolling on DJB page has been improved. Horizontal scroll bar appears without having to scrolls to bottom of the page.
– Added user defined fields to this module; they can be added at the purchase order level, or at the purchase order line item level.
– You will notice a new ‘Details’ link at the end of each purchase order line item. This link opens a page where you can define the accounting GLID and Accounting Item Code. This must be populated if you want to export purchase order line items to your accounting system.
– You now have the ability to override and edit the Extended price of Purchase Order line items.
– The Ghost#, Mailer ID, Non Profit Auth # and Cust Reg ID drop downs now display data in alphabetical order.
– Added a create Date/Time field to the top of the CRM page. This field will automatically populate when a new customer is created. You may manually add a date to your customers who already exist in the system if desired.
– Added a create Date/Time field to the top of the Inventory page. When creating a new inventory item, this will auto-populate.
– User Defined fields are now available on all Request pages. Note: all requests share the same set of user defined fields.
– Two new types of Inventory Requests have been created; Move Request, and Destroy Request (previously there was only Delivery, and Pickup Request).
– The Inventory Request Search Page now allows you to filter by all four Request Types. We have also added a new column labeled, Approved (see next line item for explanation of Approved column).
– An ‘Approved’ checkbox has been added to the Request pages. You have the ability to define how this new field works! By default, this checkbox does nothing more than allow you to mark a request as being “Approved”. However, if you want to enforce that requests cannot be modified once approved, you can toggle this functionality on in Admin -> Security -> Security Role Rights . If you define the security role (see screen shot below) as Read Only for any given security role, nothing can be edited on the Request page unless you are an Administrator. If the user changes a value, they will receive a message box when they click Save, Delete, or Submit letting them know that the Request is locked and it cannot be edited.
– Vendor List Report: Additional fields and formatting has been applied
– Postage Inventory Report: Added version name to the report since postage can be recorded at the version level.
– Inventory Type has been added to the standard Pull Ticket report
– Addressed issue with completing a pending appointment in CRM.
– Customer List Export report will no export to excel with empty columns.
– Addressed issue with Contract Pricing and Print Estimating. Changing the Estimated Quantity will retain contract pricing.
– Addressed issue with retaining Customer Specific Pricing while working with wide format estimates.
– Resolved issue the Employee Detailed Time Clock report to ensure data parameters were filtering correctly.
– Addressed issue in Shop Floor where one bypasses the ‘Select Machine’ page if the associated service does not have a machine associated with it.
– Addressed issue with display of international date format.
– Addressed issue with duplicate tasks displaying on DJB for deleted orders
– Addressed issue with removing ink comments from the print estimate page.
– Inactive Inventory items will no longer be available for selection in the Inventory iOS app.
– When a user creates a Pickup or Delivery Ticket through the Orders module, after clicking Submit, they are now redirected back to the Orders page.
– Job Costing search page now retains search criteria upon returning to page.
– Addressed issue with the display of the estimated time for a task in the DJB.
What’s coming next?
Few things make us happier than rolling out a new much sought-after feature. In the next few weeks, you will be receiving information about a new add-on feature we just completed; Customer Portal! More information on how to activate this functionality to follow. The Customer Portal contains 4 modules that you can share with your clients – all of which can be toggled on/off on a customer-by-Customer basis:
- • Customer Service: View open and closed Estimates and Orders; Request a Quote.
- • Inventory: View all inventory items and their current available quantity.
- • Postage: View current postage account balances.
Proofs: View and approve proofs.