Midnight -Version 3.6
Released July 11th, 2014
This entire release was dedicated to performance improvement. We of course have a few other things to throw in, but the main impetus of this release was improving the user experience. This month, focus was placed on the Orders page. The following improvements were implemented:
– Customer Drop down – there is no longer a delay if you have a large list of customers. The list will automatically load as you scroll, or automatically filter to the desired customer if you begin typing the customer name.
– The account warning message now responds instantly to the OK button click should you have one presented when a new order is created.
– Clicking between the service department tabs is much faster; clicking the non-department tabs (Details, Shipping, Versions, etc.) has an immediate response.
**In the next few weeks, we will do a special release and provide the same improvement(s) to the Estimate page.**
2. QuickBooks export format was modified to include tax % rate; QuickBooks Online export format was modified to first group by service, then postage used, and lastly postage/services applied. This update will not affect those of you currently using the QuickBooks / QuickBooks Online export format.
– Sales Report: The existing ‘Sales by Service Code’ report had GLID added as a column.
– Sales Report: A new report named, ‘Sales by Service Code by Cust’ has been created. This is similar to the Sales by Service Code report except it is grouped by customer.
– CRM Report: Two new reports; Customer List and Customer List with Contacts
Dynamic Job Board (DJB):
– The sorting of the DJB grid now accommodates ‘Time Due’ to ensure all deadlines within a given day are grouped in ascending order.
– A new admin menu item named, ‘Global Settings’ has been created. This new menu item will house global setting that end users can toggle on/off based on preference. This will grow over time…currently, there are two tabs – Estimates/Orders and Inventory.
Estimates / Orders has two new settings:
1. Auto Update CRM info on Copy: If checked, whenever an order is copied, or when an estimate is converted to an order, or when an order is converted to an estimate, the system will ensure the customer information on the given estimate or order is current and reflects what exists in CRM. For example, if an old order is copied and the customer had been recently updated in CRM, we want to make sure the current customer information replaces any outdated information.
2. Print Estimate Markup %: if a percentage is provided, any print estimates that are created will automatically be seeded with this markup %.
Inventory has one setting:
Display Inventory subs link on Orders: if checked, the Subs link on the Order/Inventory tab will be visible. We are providing the opportunity to disable/hide this link because the system is not currently doing anything with substitute inventory items that may be defined.
– Admin/Services: you can now copy Services. The copy button is next to the submit button atop the page. Also, filter search criteria will be retained when you return to the service search page.
– Admin/Services: A negative percentage can now be entered in the Volume Pricing table. A negative discount percentage will do the inverse of a discount; rather, it will markup the base price based on the given percentage.
Admin/Security/CreateRoleRights: one now has the ability to allow/deny access to the Reports module.
– An issue with attachments when exporting an estimate to order has been fixed.
– The Print Estimating form randomly popping up when performing other actions was addressed.
– Issue with the Daily Drops widget and Daily Drop with Postage widget was addressed.
– You will no longer see a row in a table with a yellow background.
– Yellow shading of a row on service department tabs has been eliminated.
– An issue with applying a department discount in estimates has been resolved.
– An issue in estimates related to the unit price of service line items has been fixed