Midnight v5.1 (10/2016) Release Notes Follow
Midnight – Version 5.1
Released October 14th, 2016
Orders / Estimates:
– Orders/Shipping Tracking link: we removed the business rule not allowing the same tracking number to be applied on multiple orders. This was required as some combine orders into the same package when shipping.
– Orders-Billing/Shipping tab: The address block will now update with the address associated with the selected contact. It used to retain the default Shipping/Billing address associated with the customer in CRM. Some clients would like to retain this functionality so one will be prompted with a message asking if they would like the address associated with the newly selected contact be populated. You will only receive the message if an alternate address exists for the selected contact. If one does not exist, then you will not receive the message and the address will remain as-is.
– Accounting Export: If the overall total is less than $0.00, then the transaction type is changed from Invoice to a Credit Memo when exported to your accounting system.
– Orders/Schedule Job link – The scheduled Start Time of the service can now be equal to the Order Due Date. Previously, it was required for this date to be greater than Order Due Date. Quick turn jobs required this change.
– Print Calculator: a Bleed text box has been added to the Admin->Global Settings->Estimate/Order screen. This global setting will in turn carry into all templates and calculators.
– We have enabled the ‘Roll’ material type in inventory, and press standards to accommodate roll estimating being added to the print calculator. See attached document outlining the new Roll Material type and how it is used in print estimating.
– Added contract pricing to print calculator. See attached document for more information regarding contract pricing and the print estimates.
– New: Group Billing module.
You will find a new link on the Orders page in the Quick Links section named, Group Billing. All services on the Order, across all versions are loaded on this page. The purpose of this page is to allow you to define a custom invoice format for your client. Create as many invoice line items that you want in the top grid. They will be displayed on the invoice in the order of the Sort column. Place a sort number next to each service line item in the bottom grid. All items with the same sort number will be grouped together on the invoice and displayed with the description that you provided. Click the Refresh button to see a sample of how your invoice will appear. Two new reports have been created and added to the reports panel of the Orders page to support this new feature:
Invoice Group Billing Report – This report simply displays the quantity and description for each line item. Line item pricing is omitted.
Invoice Price Group Billing Report – This report shows more detail. It includes the unit price and extended price for each line item.
– Two new columns have been added to the proof search screen; CSR and Rep. This is the CSR and Sales Rep associated to the customer on the proof.
– You now have the ability to Approve a proof from the Proof page in Midnight (rather than only being able to do it from the customer proof approval page). When changing the status to ‘Approved’ from this page, the proof will be automatically placed in the attachments tab of the associated Estimate or Order.
Dynamic Job Board:
Two new columns have been added to the Order View; Version Status, and Proof Status. By default, neither are visible by default. Proof Status is a calculated value:
“Pending” = one or more associated proofs are pending approval (don’t have a status of ‘Approved’) for the given order.
“Partial” = multiple proofs exist and at least 1 has a status of ‘Approved’ for the given order.
“Approved” = all associated proofs have a status of ‘Approved’ for the given Order.
– When selecting inventory items on the PO page, and on the Frequently Purchased Items tab of the Vendor page, there are now additional columns in the dropdown – Code, Name, Description, Cust Part No and Item ID. You can type a value associated with any column and the available inventory items will automatically filter based on the value you are typing. This makes selecting an inventory item much easier!
– New Widget: Employees – Active jobs. This widget shows a list of all of the employees who are currently clocked in along with details about the active jobs they are running. The list will display multiple job rows where an employee is jobbed in concurrently on many jobs. The widget will only show records where the employee is actively ‘jobbed-in’
– The ‘Projects’ tab has been renamed to ‘Contracts’. This tab displays all contract pricing templates created for the customer.
– You can currently store multiple Ghost #’s, Non Profit Auth #’s, Permit Numbers, Mailer ID’s and Cust Reg ID’s, and they are displayed in the dropdown in the order in which they were entered. Rather, we now display an alphabetical order.
– Selecting inventory locations will perform faster for those with large lists of inventory locations to choose from.
– When adding new inventory item, or editing an existing one, the system will ensure the Item Code is unique.
– New Report: Shipment Reconciliation Report. This report can be found in Reports/Sales Reports. This report shows all instances of Shipping/Tracking information for Orders within a given date range, or for a specific customer.
– New Report: Pickup/Delivery page – Packing Slip Broker. When sending out an order on behalf of your customer, this report lets you have the address atop the report either be yours, or your customer. That way, when brokering a job for your customer the shipment can be sent and appear as if it came from them rather than you.
– New Report: Employees – Active Jobs. This report can be found in Reports/Job Costing Reports. This report shows a list of all of the job records for employees (including job costing records in progress). This report can be run by Employee, by date range, by Order#, or a combination of the 3 . It will also show any jobs where an employee is currently jobbed-in and actively being worked on
– New report: Employee List. This report can be found in Reports/Job Costing Reports. It simply provides you a list of all employees.
– New Report: Price Sheet export Report. This report can be found in Reports/Sales Reports. This report is similar to our standard Price Sheet report, but this was designed to be exported to Excel.
– Update: Postage Used by Date report. This report now has parameter allowing all customers to be returned (rather than only a single customer).
– New Report: Postage Used No Date. This report can be found in Reports/Postage Reports. This report shows a list of postage used items that have no date assigned. Since Midnight allows users to enter postage used on orders with no date, this report enables you to view all postage used entries where no date has been assigned and go back and fix the missing date.
– 2 additional fields have been added to the admin/employee search page; Department and Employee #. This will allow users to see which employees are missing an Employee # or Department as well as being able to search by both fields.
– Additional validation has been added to the Employee page…each new employee must be provided a first name and last name.
– Username and Password will no longer populate based on browser cookie settings. We are overriding the default browser functionality to ensure you don’t associate an unwanted value in either of these fields.
– Print Calculator: placing a symbol character in the part name field will no longer generate error.
– Addressed issue where you are unable to remove a machine from a machine group.
– Addressed issue with the refresh button in DJB; ensured one person’s change(s) are not overwritten by another when two people are editing the DJB simultaneously.
– Addressed issue with auto-scheduling services when they are not flagged as eligible for auto-scheduling in Admin/Standard Services.
– Addressed issue in Purchase Orders to ensure the default contact information (phone, email, etc.) are auto-updated when the contact is changed.
– Addressed issue with extended search criteria on CRM search page.
– Addressed issue with simple and advanced wide format jobs being displayed correctly on Work Order report after updating information.
– Addressed issue with multiple attachments being associated with an Order or Estimate. We now ensure the correct one is opened when clicked.
– Addressed issue with how widgets are displayed on the dashboard.
– Addressed issue In the Advanced Wide Format calculator where the printer cost was not calculating correctly.
– Addressed issue with spoilage run sheets in print calculator.
– Addressed issue with Job Detail Analysis report where click charges were not calculating correctly.