Midnight v4.0 (12/2014) Release Notes Follow
Midnight -Version 4.0
Released December 19, 2014
Orders / Issues Module Enhancement: The Issues Module, accessed from any order, had several updates.
–Issue Search Page:
– Added Close Date column. Anything that has a close date should not be visible by default in the search results. A new extended search was added where one can search via closed Issues.
– Added a label on the page showing who created the issue.
– In the header of the page, it now displays the issue number when creating a new Issue.
– After selecting a customer, you will only see open orders for that customer.
– If initiating an issue while in an order (not from search screen), then the customer dropdown will automatically populate and not be editable. Order number will work the same way.
– Added a field named Department. This populates with your Service Type Admin table values and lets you further define where the issue took place.
– Email is now optional and is set up in Admin/Global Settings/Estimates and Reports tab. You can turn on/off email notification of new Issue creation by providing one more email addresses.
Pickup/Delivery Enhancement: This page is available from the Order/Shipping tab, and the Inventory Module.
–Pickup/Delivery Search Page:
– Added Order # column after Company name column (This is the order # selected in header of request)
– Changed sort order from ascending to descending based on Request #
– Added paging
– Added ‘Requested By’ column so one can sort by the person who requested the Pick Up/Delivery.
– Removed message that was displayed after clicking save button.
– Removed ‘time’ from the Date Needed field and added it as an individual item below the Date Needed field.
– Added Requested By (employee dropdown) below Order #.
– Change “Request” column to “Requested Qty” in grid.
– Name of the report displayed in the reports box was changed from Packing Slip to Pickup/Delivery ticket.
– One can now create a pickup or delivery request from the Order/Shipping tab rather than just a delivery.
Estimates/Orders: You will notice a performance improvement on both estimates and orders after picking the customer and contact. On the order, you will also see a noticeable improvement on the Apply Funds page as well. Lastly, performance was optimized when selecting the contacts on the Shipping Tab of the Order.
Scheduling: The Orders to Load button and the Job Schedule button have been removed. These were legacy functions. The same information is available from the Dynamic Job Board (DJB).
API: Additional web service methods have been added allowing one to update postage and job costing information inside of an order. The OrderList method was provided additional input parameters.
Accounting: QuickBooks accounting export has been modified. We currently export postage affix, services applied and postage applied in our QuickBooks export file. If the GLID and Inv Item codes are NULL under the Postage Affix list, we will now exclude those items from the Quick Books export file. This will not negatively affect anyone currently using this export format.
– Addressed issue with inactive Vendors being available for section when creating a Purchase Order.
– Addressed issue in Dynamic Job Board when selecting the print icon caused an issue.
– Addressed issue in Dynamic Job Board where the page did not update correctly if the Refresh check box was selected on the My Preferences page.
– Addressed issue in Dynamic Job Board where one couldn’t change the status of a service once it was set to ‘Complete’.
– Addressed issue with displaying the available contacts in the ‘from’ and ‘to’ fields of the report email page.
– Addressed issue with the close button of the customer proof approval page.
– Addressed issue with Auto Deducting Inventory.
– Addressed rounding issue with extended price on estimates/orders when the line item is triggered to recalculate price.
– Addressed issue in scheduling module when a service was not automatically being placed on the calendar even though it had a machine department and machine associated with it.
– Addressed issue with the ‘Open Orders by Rep’ widget displayed on the dashboard.
– Addressed issue where the comments were not retained when a PO was copied.
– Addressed issue with Print Product Types where editing values in Admin could affect values in Inventory and vice versa.