Midnight -Version 3.5
Released June 13th, 2014
Online Proof Requests:
– Ability to upload multiple Proofs to be reviewed rather than just one.
– The user interface of the client proof approval page has been redesigned. They too can now upload files as well!
– When a proof request is “Approved” by either the Customer or CSR, and it is associated with an Order or Estimate, then all files associated with the proof request are added to the Attachments tab on the associated Order or Estimate.
– When order is closed, all associated “Approved” proof requests have status changed to “Closed”
– When an Order is closed, if there any linked proof requests with a status other than Closed or Approved then a dialog / message box is presented to the user – “There are open proof requests on this job, would you like to close them?” (yes or no)
– A new Quick Link was added to the Order and Estimate page named, “Add proof request”.
Dynamic Job Board (DJB):
The DJB now has two tabs atop the page; Task View and Order View. Task view is what you all are used to and it remains the same. By default, this will be the view selected when you initially launch the DJB. Order View provides a summary of all open orders in the system. Rather than display all tasks (services), it rolls everything up and simply shows one line for each drop and/or version associated with an order. This view gives you a quick snapshot of the current status of the order. If you select the Complete check box, all services associated with that drop and/or version will be flagged as completed and fall off the Task View.
– The My Preferences link atop the DJB page can now be enabled/disabled in the Admin -> Security -> Create Role Rights page for all the different security roles you have defined.
– The header of the DJB no longer scrolls. It stays locked atop the page so you can easily see the column heading as you scroll through all your open orders and tasks.
Postage / Apply Funds: Rather than automatically stamp applied funds with a date of ‘today’, one can now select the date they wish to have associated with applied funds on an order.
CRM – added Zip code to the search page as an additional criteria to quickly find / sort your customers.
iPad Inventory Application:
– Associate an Order # with inventory transactions (move/Add/Subtract) just like in the desktop version of Midnight.
– Associate/update an image with an inventory item
– Perform searches by scanning an item’s barcode
– Added additional search tab – one can now search via ItemId.
– Admin -> Print -> Press Standard, Black Click Rate and Color Click Rate support up to 5 decimal places.
– On Print Estimate, make Width and Length have precision to two decimal places.
– Admin -> Print -> Print Product Type – Width and Length have precision to two decimal places
– On Work Order Reports ( Work Order, Work Order Dep and Work Order Versions ), Finish Size displays 2 decimal places (example, 8.50 X 11.00)
*New* Wide Format Print Estimating:
– The initial Beta version is being released to a few select customers that have voiced interest in wide format print estimating. Let us know if you are interested.
– A loading graphic is now visible and the page is disabled while the Order and Estimate pages load. This will ensure users can’t initiate actions before the page fully loads which can cause the application to ‘freeze’.
– 3 additional web services were added to the Midnight API; OrderList, CustomerList, and ServicesList
– New Dashboard Widget; Recent Inventory Received. View all recent inventory that has been received.
– New Dashboard Widget; Daily Drops with Postage Status. View all scheduled drops and track the current postage status.
– Estimate Detail Time Clock Report – aligned labels so they would not cover up data and accounted for the calculation of shifts that went from one day to the other (past midnight).
– Version Copy; Addressed copy issue if not copying a version that was currently loaded.
– Addressed issue of Unit Price and Extended Price not updating correctly when re-selecting a different service on a given line item.
– Updated export file for QuickBooks Online.
– The Shipping Address section of the Purchase Order report now prints on three separate lines.