In Printer's Plan brokered services are set up slightly differently than typical services. Instead of setting up services to be used to create an item, a single service will be created to represent the item. This service will contain the entire item's cost and pricing.
This guide will use a promotional product service for mugs as an example. This service shares some basic setup fields in common with typical services such as the 'Service Name' and the 'Sales Dept.'. In the image below I have highlighted several areas of the service that are used to determine the service output.
- Run Table
- Quantity: For brokered services, the quantity field is typically set to item quantity. When the item on the order is created the quantity for the service should match the quantity on the item.
- Cost: The costs for brokered services should be set to 'Material Cost Only' as there are no time costs typically related to brokered services. Time costs can be added if needed.
- Multiplier: The image above shows a multiplier of 1.2 which artificially inflates costs by 20%.
- Price: This service's price is set to 'Cost + Markup'. Used in relation to the Run Table's Material Costs and the markup field.
- Markup: This field is where you enter the markup value. Clicking on the text that says 'Markup' will give you more information about how this field is used.
- Run Table: In the run table predetermined costs can be established at different quantity breaks. In the image above 1 - 10 items have a cost of $15 but 11 - 50 cost $10.
- Mat. Costs & Run Prices Are: This field is set to 'Per Each' which determines the QtyBreaks as actual ordered items. If set to 'Per Thousand' then the QtyBreak will read 10 as 10,000.
- Between QtyBreaks, Use: This field allows for the quantity breaks to be read as rigid breaks when setting to 'Step Method'. See 'Step, Linear and Sum' document for more information.