About the Integration
MyOrderDesk is now integrated with TEC Mailing Solutions, a web-based address hygiene and mailing software solution. If you are also using Print Reach’s Midnight MIS software, you will be happy to know that we can also pass the job and files into Midnight at the completion of the order.
How it Works
You will start the overall communication process in MyOrderDesk by identifying a particular process to be performed on the end users address data (examples: NCOALink and De-dupe). MyOrderDesk will then send a transaction to TEC Mailing Solutions to establish a job. Having received the transaction, the TEC Mailing Solutions Web Service API forwards it to the application servers within TEC Mailing Solutions’ data center. Based on the defined processes, your application receives a status update or an error response from the Web Service API.
Below is a diagram of how this might look if you were using TEC Mailing along with MyOrderDesk and Midnight.
The Services Available
TEC Mailing Solutions has two high level methodologies available: Batch and Single Record. Within each of these methodologies are a variety of services to clean, update, and sort address lists. At this time, the integration with MOD only supports the Batch option and is currently in beta mode. There are many additional options and services available that can be added to our current integration based on each customer's needs.
The Batch method is intended to accommodate a complete file of address records. In the case of address hygiene (NCOA) there is a minimum of 100 records. For the presort process there is a minimum based on the class of mail (1st Class = 500 and STD = 200). The web services do not support file sizes that exceed 2GB in the return dataset. The current services available in the integration within the batch method are:
In order to configure the integration, you need an account set up from TEC Mailing Solutions (https://www.tecmailing.com).
Once your account has been activated by our support team, you must configure this integration in MyOrderDesk: https://www.myorderdesk.com/Integrations/TecMailing/.
You will need to get the following information from your Tec Mailing Account and enter it in MOD:
- User Name
- Database ID
- Channel ID
- Product ID
If any configuration information has already been stored at TEC Mailing, it will be read into MyOrderDesk when the credentials are saved and verified.
After you save your credentials, the Configuration Settings area will be exposed.
- Enable/disable address hygiene. Choose the casing to allow, and a phone number match confidence level.
- Your Post Office Processing Acknowledgement Forms (PAFs), for NCOA processing, are shown along with a link to apply for a PAF at TEC Mailing if needed.
- Address data files (CSV, XLS) need to be mapped. Type the field name in your data file next to the USPS standard data file field name. Address1, City, State, Zip are all required. Other fields are optional depending on what you want processed. Field names cannot contain spaces. Your customers need to upload files in this format.
- Enable/disable data merging.
- Choose which options you’d like to suppress or include in the merge.
- Enable/disable presorting your data for the USPS. An origin entry point must be specified for your mailing. Entry points can be added or removed using +/-.
- Mail Preparer, Mail Owner, Permit Holder - These permits must be applied for at the USPS. Permit information is entered into the config screens after being granted by the USPS.
The Ordering Process
- Each order form is allowed one TecMailingItem field.
- The field will collect various dimension and mailing settings. There will be a file upload control to allow the user to upload their mailing list (using the same format/columns defined on the configuration page).
- If a valid file has been uploaded, the mailing list will be sent to TEC Mailing for processing when the item is added to the cart. Depending on the settings chosen and the size of the mailing list, processing could take several minutes. A cart cannot be checked out while a file is processing. A short status can be viewed in the cart log. It is fine to leave the processing to happen and come back later to see the status update.
- A success or failure email notification will be sent to the cart owner when the file is done processing. With presort processing, a record count and postage amount is returned to MyOrderDesk. These fields can be mapped to the Quantity and Total fields for the cart item. A TEC Mailing ZIP file will also be available for download, including the processed mailing list files.