MyOrderDesk - Fulfillment Integration Set Up Follow
To set up a Fulfillment Project to connect to a MyOrderDesk store, there are two main steps:
- Create and select the user account for use between the two systems
- Linking the Provider ID in Fulfillment to the desired Project
Once a Fulfillment Project is set up to connect to a MyOrderDesk Store, shipment confirmations for MyOrderDesk orders shipped in Fulfillment will be communicated to MyOrderDesk. This confirmation updates the Shipment Status to “Shipped” and a tracking number with a hyperlink to that carrier’s tracking page (if applicable).
Create and select the user account for use between the two systems
To connect Fulfillment to MyOrderDesk, a user account to be specified in Fulfillment. This user could be any user created at the system level but it may be best to create a user account for this specific purpose. This user account does not require any privileges in the Fulfillment application. It only needs to be an active user account.
To create a new user account specifically for use with MyOrderDesk follow these steps:
- Login to Fulfillment
- At the Home Page, click on the Administration icon in the lower right corner
- Click on the Privileges button menu link
- Click on the Employee Logons menu item
- In the Employee Logons panel to the right, select < new user >
- Leave the Access and Roles checkboxes blank
- Populate the Greeting Name with something that identifies this user (e.g "MOD Fulfillment User")
- Enter a Login Name
- Enter a Password (or allow the system to create a password for you when you save the user)
- Enter an Email address for an administrator for this account.
- Click the Update User Data button to save the user account
- If you did not specify the Password for this user, click the Reveal Password checkbox to display it - the Password for this user will need to be entered in MyOrderDesk as the Shared Secret between MyOrderDesk & Fulfillment
- Click on the Integrations menu
- Click on the MyOrderDesk menu item
- Select the Login Name from the user account created above from the Authentication User Account dropdown list.
- Check the box to Enable MyOrderDesk Shipment Notification
- Click the Update Settings button to save your changes. Fulfillment is now set up to use the specified account for use with MyOrderDesk
Linking the MyOrderDesk Provider ID to a Fulfillment Project
Once the User account for use by MyOrderDesk has been created, follow these steps to configure a Fulfillment Project to link to a MyOrderDesk Store. This is necessary to allow Fulfillment to provide Shipment Notifications to a specific MyOrderDesk store.
- Login to Fulfillment
- At the Home Page, click on the Manage Accounts icon in the upper right corner
- Click on the hyperlink for the Customer whose Project you wish to configure
- In Customer Setup, go to the Projects section and click on the link of the Project you wish to configure
- In Project Setup, click on the Integrations button
- In the MyOrderDesk tab, enter the Provider ID for the MOD store in the text box
- Check the Active checkbox to make the Integration active
- Click the Save button
Once this is configured, orders submitted to Fulfillment from MyOrderDesk will be updated with the Order Status as Shipped, as well as a tracking link for the carrier used. This will trigger any order shipped email notifications in MyOrderDesk to be sent.
Setting Up MyOrderDesk for use with Fulfillment
Having created a user account for use with MyOrderDesk, you can now set up one or more MyOrderDesk stores to send orders to Fulfillment and to receive shipment notifications for these orders. Follow these steps to set this up for each store:
- In MyOrderDesk, click on the menu icon in the upper left corner of the page. A menu will appear to the left of the page.
- Select the Services > Fulfillment menu item
- In the panel on the right in the Settings section, enter the Site Name value for your Fulfillment site. If you do not know this, ask firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
- Enter the Login Name of the Fulfillment User Account created above in the User ID field.
- Enter the Password of the Fulfillment User Account in the Password field
- In the Order Submission section enter the numeric Fulfillment Project ID in the Project ID field. In Fulfillment the Project ID can be found by navigating to the Project Setup screen for the Project that is linked to this store.
- Select a default Carrier/Service method to communicate with Fulfillment for new orders.
- If you wish orders to be automatically sent to Fulfillment when created in this MyOrderDesk store, check the Enabled checkbox.
- In the Inventory Lookup section, enter the numeric Fulfillment Customer ID in the Customer ID field. In Fulfillment the Customer ID can be found by navigating to the Customer Setup screen for that Customer.
- Click the Save button to commit your changes