MyOrderDesk allows for the customization of the home page as well as the URL presented to anyone visiting the website.
Home Page Address and Site Integration
Location: Admin > Settings > Home Page & Domains
The home page location in MyOrderDesk will be based on your choice of one of the three options below:
- Host my site under myorderdesk.com.
- This is the default setting when creating a new MyOrderDesk account. When your account was set up, you were assigned an auto-generated single level /path based on your domain name on the MyOrderDesk server. You can leave the site using this option for as long as you like, or you can assign a custom domain name address using one of the options below. We suggest you do not select one of the other two options below until your site is ready to go live and until you have contacted our Support team for assistance.
- Host my site with a Custom Domain.
- Choose this if you have a domain name you would like Print Reach to use to host your MyOrderDesk site. You will need to add your approved custom domain in the section Custom Domains at the bottom of the page before this option is available.
- I host my own Website.
- Choose this option if you have a domain name for your company and you are hosting your own website. With this option, you can embed MyOrderDesk into your website with iframes. Alternatively, this option can also be used to designate a certain page as your homepage in MyOrderDesk.
- When you select this option, you may also choose to frame in MyOrderDesk and use custom email links (e.g., WordPress Integrations).
- Links within emails will use this entry instead of printnotify.com which is the default used in MyOrderDesk. Your website must process these links correctly. For detailed information on Embedding a MyOrderDesk web-to-print storefront into your website, see this article.
- When you frame MyOrderDesk into your website, it is highly recommended that you establish a custom domain in the section below to use for your inner frame. This will keep certain browsers from raising 3rd party cookie warnings while visiting your website, and will also help improve your SEO rankings for your website.
In order for MyOrderDesk to respond to your domain name, you need to add it to the Custom Domain list. Before this can happen, it needs to be set up at your registrar to point to our server. See detail below on Pointing your Custom Domain to MyOrderDesk. If you have not completed this step, you will not be able to continue.
Any domain added can be used for either the Host my site with a Custom Domain option, or I host my own Website option. For security, all domains must use an SSL certificate. We will provide you with a free certificate from Let's Encrypt.
After you have added your domain to the list, its status will be set to Pending and this will trigger a ticket for our Servicing team so we can approve your domain and issue the certificate. This process will take between 24-48 business hours. When this is done, you will be notified and the status will show Active which means it is ready to be used.
Sites can have multiple domain address URLs that the site can respond to, and so you will see that you can add more than one Custom Domain to the list. If you choose to do this, at least one of the custom domains needs to be set as the Default. The Default domain is used in notification URLs and when used, all other domains listed will redirect to the Default Domain.
It is worth noting that your logo is linked to your homepage. If your goal is to use a custom domain you will need to enable the "I host my own website" to redirect your logo/homepage to the custom domain.
Note: Do not forget/skip the configuration for reCAPTCHA or new sign-ups will not work.
Pointing a Custom Domain to MyOrderDesk
It is possible to have your main site pointing to one service, and a subdomain for your MOD site pointing to the MOD server. Example: www.example.com is pointing to your own website and customername.example.com is pointing to your dedicated MOD site.
For clarification, if you are embedding MyOrderDesk or using another platform on your main domain DO NOT repoint your main domain name (www.example.com). Instead, point to a NEW subdomain. (customername.example.com)
Your domain can be set to point to MyOrderDesk in two ways; by A record or CNAME record. The root record will always be a host, but the other records could be either. In general, you will want to use an A record to point to our server and use CNAMEs for any aliases.
- If you are using an A record, point its address to 22.214.171.124.
- If you are using a CNAME, point your record to www.myorderdesk.com.
You may also be given the option to choose the TTL (time to live) for your record. This is the number of seconds clients are allowed to "cache" lookups. Typically you should follow your registrar's guidelines of which are usually 3600 or 7200 seconds (2 or 4 hours). If you are repointing your domain from somewhere else to MyOrderDesk, you will need to wait until the TTL expires in order to see your changes.
These changes need to be made at your domain registrar (the company you purchased your domain from). If you do not know/remember who is the registrar for your domain, you may use the service https://whois.net to look it up.
Please note that Print Reach does not provide DNS services so do not attempt to change your name server (NS) records to point to us.
Setting up reCAPTCHA for your Custom Domain
If you wish to prevent automated signups you need to make sure you set up reCAPTCHA for any of your custom domains. MyOrderDesk currently supports reCAPTCHA v2. You need to generate a Site Key and Secret Key using Google's Admin page: https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin.
If you need assistance see the article that covers using reCAPTCHA: https://support.printreach.com/hc/en-us/articles/360057929774