This article will go through each report in each section in the midnight reports module.
The Accounting tab contains 9 reports. These reports refer to the accounting processes of midnight.
- The AR Aging report which shows the jobs unpaid over time by customer, and the total amount unpaid.
- The AR Export by Date Range report shows a list of accounts in between two date ranges entered at the top of the screen.
- The Commission Accrual Report show when commission amounts were closed, the total amount, and the commissionable amount. This report can be sorted by company or by a Sales Rep.
- The Commission Payments Due Report shows commission payments on orders. It displays the order number, order description, when the order was paid for, the closing date, total amount, and commission amount.
- The Customer AR Statement report shows the Account invoices of a particular customer
- The Daily Accounting Report is a report that shows an accounting summary for the day. This is a multi-page report that shows a deposit record, daily sales, New orders, New estimates, Closed orders, payments, and a sales tax summary.
- The GLID Totals Report shows GLID sales in various departments. The fields at the top allow you select which company to display, and which date ranges to pull data from.
- The Payments by Date report shows a list of payments made by customers, with extra fields such as payment amount, type, and date. At the top of the screen above the report are options to sort by customer, payment type, and date.
The Customer reports tab has 9 reports. These reports refer to the customers tab in midnight, and the customers currently entered into the system. (Excluding MySampleReport_LO)
- The Customer Details report gives an overview of a customer, such as their Code in midnight, Name, address, contact information, and whether they are an active customer. The field at the top of the screen is for entering the customers code to display their information in the report.
- The Customer Details with History Items displays the same first page as the previous report, but the subsequent pages of the report show the activity history of the Customer, such as creating and editing reports.
- The Customer Details with Pending Items report describes customer details, and includes pending items in the report.
- The Customer List report shows a list of all customers in your system, along with their code, Type, Industry, Address, City, State, Zip, Phone, Sales Representative, CSR, Terms, and whether or not they are an active customer. This is automatically sorted by the Customer's name.
- The Customer List Export report is similar to the previous one but contains extra information such as the source, contact information, and terms.
- The Customer List Export - with Contacts report is also similar to the Customer List Export report, but replaces the Code, Type, Industry, and source screen with information about the Contact, such as the Contact's Name, Title, and Contact type.
- The Customer List with Contacts report shows a more compact list of customers and contacts in the system compared to the Customer List Export.
- The Customer Shipping Locations report shows different addresses for customers in the system.
- The Vendor Contact List shows Vendor details, such as their code, type, and location.
There are 9 reports in the Estimate Report tab. These reports show details about the estimates module in midnight.
- The Estimate new report displays a new estimate along with the company, customer ID, Salesman, Job Description, and Gross totals for the estimate.
- The Estimate Details report shows customer and job info, and also quantities and descriptions of different parts of the estimate, such as data or mailing.
- The Estimate Multiple QTY report shows different quantities of an estimate, and below that is the service cost, tax, and total for the quantity. The fields below this are price per item, and estimated postage.
- The Estimate QTY - Multi page report shows reports for different quantity totals of the same project.
- The Estimate Multiple QTY Detail shows the names of each item listed in each department of the report.
- The Estimate Price reports shows the unit and total price for each item in a department, and shows a sub total cost for the department.
- The Estimate Print report shows the sub total for just the items in the report, the tax for it, the total service cost, the estimated postage cost, and the total of all items in the report including postage
- The Estimate Summary report shows the sub totals of each individual department, the sub total for all departments, and the tax, service cost, postage cost, and total cost including postage.
- The Print Estimate report shows the costs to print the estimate. This report is different from the previous 2 because it does not include the postage costs.
Inventory Receipt Reports
The Inventory Receipt reports tab has 2 reports in it. These reports are used to manage inventory processes.
- The Inventory Receipt report shows a receipt for an inventory item. The receipt fields show the company code, ItemID, a description of the item, the lot it is located in, quantities, and how much skids it has.
- The Print Skid Flags report shows the skid flag for the inventory item. This Skid flag includes the bar code, Company name and code, The location of the item and the quantity of it, and the description of the item.
The inventory Reports tab has 26 reports inside of it. These reports assist in viewing inventory.
- The Available Inventory report shows the inventory that a company has. The report shows the inventory On Hand, Reserved, and the total available.
- The Billing Detail report shows the Piece code, piece type, description, the quantity of the inventory item, and the location of it.
- The Billing Summary report shows a list of customers along with the number of locations they have.
- The Daily Inventory Receipts report shows Inventory receipts by day between two dates. It is possible to select which customer to display the report for, but it is also possible to run the report for all customers.
- The Expired Inventory Report shows inventory expired between two dates. This can either display all customers and sections, or only one.
- The Inventory Inactivity report shows inactive inventory items. This is based on the last transaction date.
- The Inventory Reorder report shows reorders from customers in the system. This information includes how much is currently on hand, and how much of the item was reordered.
- The Inventory ReOrder by Avail report differs from the previous one in the way that it shows how much was reserved and available, in addition to all of the fields from the previous report.
- The Inventory Report - Child only report shows the item inventory for one company only as opposed to all like in the previous report.
- The Inventory Report - Parent/Child report shows all companies associated with the selected company.
- The Inventory Report by Customer report shows all of a companies inventory items. The columns in this are: the code of the items, the item type, description, quantity, Customer part number, Location and quantity.
- The Inventory Slot Locations report displays item locations in a warehouse.
- The Inventory Transaction Detail report shows inventory transactions that happened for all customers, or a single customer between two dates.
- The Inventory Value report shows the value of each inventory item by company. The report can also display the inventory value for one company only.
- The Inventory Value by lot report shows the value of an entire lot of an inventory item. This report can be configured to either display one, or all customers.
- The Item Label report shows the inventory tag of the entered item.
- The Item Receipt History report shows the receipt history of an item, and an actual and pack slip quantity for all reports at the bottom column.
- The Location Tag report shows bar codes for the items location in the warehouse.
- The Location Tags 2 x 4 report shows the previous information but has 8 Locations tag per page compared to the previous reports 6 location tags per page.
- The Packing Slip report produces a packing slip used to find out where an item will be shipped.
- The Paper Ordering report shows all customers and a selected item type to display between two dates. This can also be configured to display one customer, or a different item type.
- The Physical Count by slot location report shows what is currently occupying inventory slots, a description of the item, and the customer who is occupying the space.
- The Pickup Delivery Summary report shows all pickups and deliveries in your midnight system between a date range.
- The Reserved Inventory by Item report shows how much reserved and available inventory is available for an item. This can also be filtered by the item name.
- The Test Reorder HL report shows item reorders for all customers. This can be filtered by customer using the top field.
- The Yearly Item Status Report shows all items for a company, along with the usage for each month, the total usage, the balance after the year ended, the average monthly usage, and how much months are left of stock using the previous value.
The item reports tab has 5 reports. These reports give an overview for items in the system. (Not including ItemOpenOrdersOverPulled)
- The Item Label report shows the inventory tag for the inputted item.
- The Item Receipt History report shows the transaction history of an item
- The Skid Flag report shows the skid flag for the inputted itemID.
- The Transaction Audit report shows a log for transactions for the selected company between a date range.
- The Vendor Items List report shows items a vendor has, in addition to the contact information of the vendor.
Item Request Reports
The Item Request Reports section has 4 reports. These reports are operations for item inventory requests.
- The Destroy Report shows a request to destroy the selected item in the item request.
- The Move Report is a request to move the items in the item request.
- The Packing Slip - Broker report displays a packing slip for the entered item request.
- The Pickup/Delivery ticket report shows a ticket that requests pickup or delivery for the item request.
Job Costing Reports
The job costing reports tab has 17 reports. These reports show data from the job costing module. (Not including WIP Report and Promo commission Demo)
- The Active Job Detail report shows information about all active jobs.
- The DJB Task Notes Report report (Not displaying data when fields are filled)
- The Dynamic Job Board Report (Same issue as previous)
- The Dynamic Job Board Task View report shows (Same issue as previous)
- The Employee Detailed Time Clock report shows the time and date of when employees clocked in and out, the break hours, and total hours.
- The Employee List report shows a list of all employees in the system.
- The Employee Timesheet Report shows the time in and time out, hours worked, and overtime.
- The Employees - Active Jobs report shows a record of the orders the selected employee has worked on between a date range.
- The Job Detail Analysis report shows expenses, and profit in dollars and percentage for an order.
- The Job Time Variance report shows the variance between the estimated time and the actual time the job took.
- The New Summary Profitability All report shows revenue, expenses, and profitability of customer projects between a time range.
- The New Summer Profitability by Customer report displays projects by all customers in the section, with the profitability of each project.
- The Profit Report report shows the cost, Labor cost, and material cost alongside with the variance.
- The Service Detailed Time Clock report shows a record of an employees time sheet between a date range.
- The Summary Job Variance report shows a summary of customer jobs with cost, Labor, Material, and variance percentage of each job.
- The Summary Profitability All report shows the revenue, labor and expense costs, and profitability of jobs between a date range.
- The Summary profitability By Customer report shows profitability information of jobs seperated by customer.
The other reports tab has 5 reports. These reports are reports that don't belong in the other categories.
- The Midnight Version report shows the System Information Id, Database Version, and the version and modified dates.
- The Order Audit Log report shows and audit log of orders entered into the system.
- The Service Wizard Detail report shows service wizard data for different categories.
- The Skid Flag report shows a skid flag for the entered item ID.
- The Web Service Calls report shows the last 500 web service calls, along with the Date modified, ID, Method name, and the webs service response.
The PO reports has 6 reports in it. These reports are purchase order operations.
- The Open Purchase Order report shows all open purchase orders in the system.
- The PO By Order report shows Purchase order information between a date range along with the record type, vendor information, and important dates for the PO.
- The PO by Vendor report shows the information from the previous report, but has a field at the top to sort by vendor name.
- The PO List report shows a list of purchase orders between a date range, sorted by newest to oldest entry date.
- The Purchase Order report shows vendor information, who the order is addressed to, and project details.
- The Purchase Order Report allows you to view all purchase orders for a vendor, and sorted by whether it is open or closed, and between a date range.
The Portal Reports section has 2 reports. These reports show
- The Open Estimates shows open estimates in the system sorted by Sales Representative, and between a date range.
- The Vendor List shows a list of vendors in the system, sorted in alphabetical order.
The Postage Reports section has 10 reports. (Including NC Postage detail which has similarity with postage used by date report) The reports here give information about the postage section in midnight.
- The Drop Report shows information about dropped projects, such as Customer name, order number, project name, version name, drop date, Quantity, Postage money required, and postage status. This is configured by picking a date range, and a customer if only one customer's Drop information is required.
- NC Postage detail
- The Postage Balance Customer Summary report shows Postage cost information for each customer in the system. This information includes the escrow, Earmarked/applied, Used on orders, and the balance left.
- The Postage Checks Received by Date Range report shows Postage checks received by customers, sorted by the customer's name between a date range.
- The Postage Detail by Customer report shows group postage balances for each customer between a date range, but can be customized to only display 1 customer instead of all in the system.
- The Postage Inventory Balance Summary shows the quantity and amount balance for all Postage Devices in the system.
- The Postage Inventory report shows postage transactions, the quantity of the order, and the difference in balance from the transaction.
- The Postage Used by Date report shows postage devices used on a day, the quantity, and the amount.
- The Postage used by Date Summary report shows a summary of all postage used with all customers in the system. The report shows an order, the customer the order is from, the quantity, and the total amount cost. This can be configured to change the date range displayed, and display only one customer.
- The Postage Used no Date report shows postage devices with no date in the system. It also displays the version, and postage device in addition to the customer, quantity, and amount.
The production reports tab contains 13 reports. (INCLUDING MODIFIED SCHEDULE REPORT, IDENTICAL TO MDI - PRODUCTION REPORT, AND ALSO PRODUCTION SCHEDULE WHICH IS IDENTICAL TO PRODUCTION REPORT.) These reports give information about the production section in midnight.
- The Drops - Actual by Version report shows actual dropped orders in the system, along with the drop date, and the close date. It can be configured to display one customer, or expand the date range.
- The Drops - Scheduled by Version report shows scheduled drops in the system.
- The Issues/Resolutions report shows either all issues completed issues, pending issues, or resolved issues. This displays entries between a date range.
- The Issues/Resolutions (Portal) report shows the previous information, but has an additional field to enter in a customer to sort by.
- The Jobs to be Mailed report shows jobs that need to be mailed between a date range.
- The Machine Department by Date report shows orders done in different departments, the machine in the department that did the order, and the time it took. The data displayed in this report can be filtered to show only certain departments, machines, or employees
- The Mail Report Trns report shows days that jobs to be mailed sorted by earliest entry date. It also displays the job details.
- The MDI - Production Report shows a production schedule sorted by lowest order number to highest. It displays each orders details in a row.
- The Modified schedule report shows a production schedule of all reports in the system. This schedule is sorted by lowest to highest.
- The Production report shows a production schedule of reports in the system, and has spaces to display the version status and the art in date.
- The Production schedule report shows a production schedule for all reports in the system, along with the version status and art in date.
- The Total mail quantities report shows the quantities of mail orders in the system, and also displays the customer each order is for.
- The Version status Report by Date Range shows orders for a selected version status, or all version statuses between a date range.
The sales reports tab contains 28 reports (INCLUDING CJH SALES REPORT SAMPLE, AND KEVINS REPORT(DUPLICATE OF JOBS TO BE INVOICED, OPEN ORDERS BY COMPANY IS IDENTICAL TO OPEN ORDERS BY CSR, SALES REPORT BY REP (FILTER) DOES NOT WORK. SALES RPT CH IS NEARLY IDENTICAL TO THE REPORT ABOVE IT, ALSO INCLUDING VALUE ADDED
These reports show information about processes in the sales module of midnight.
- The Estimate Close Ratio shows orders and estimates performed by sales reps in the system, and the percentage of how much of these estimates became orders.
- The Estimate status report shows estimate details sorted by their status, such as Closed, Open, Lost, Won, and Template.
- The Jobs To Be Invoiced report shows jobs that need to be invoiced, sorted from lowest order number to highest.
- The Open Estimates report shows open estimates sorted by Sales Representative.
- The Open Orders All report shows all open orders in the system between a date range.
- The Open Orders by Company report shows open orders in the system between a date range, sorted by company name.
- The Open orders by CSR report shows open orders for the selected CSR.
- The Open orders by Rep report shows open orders for the selected Sales Representative.
- The Price Sheet Expert report shows a price sheet of Service types in the system, designed to export.
- The Price sheet Report shows a Price Sheet of all service types in the system, and details about the service type.
- The Projected Sales Report shows projected sales for customer jobs, and has a Total amount at the bottom of the report. It can be filtered to show 1 customer, and only jobs between a certain date range.
- The Sales by Service code report shows sales and quantities for each service code in the system. The values in the report are pulled from between a date range.
- The Sales by Service Code by Customer report shows total sales of a company, with each service code.
- The Sales report shows sales totals of customer jobs, sorted by customer names. It can be filtered by company, customer, and between a date range.
- The Sales report by CSR report shows sales reports for each CSR in the system between a date range.
- The Sales report by customer report displays all sales for a company between a selected date range.
- The Sales report by Rep report displays orders for a selected sales rep, or all sales reps in the system. The report pulls orders from between a date range.
- The Sales report by rep (filter) report shows a filtered list of sales reps.
- The Sales report Details by Customer report shows a customers sales report split into different sections.
- The Sales report summary by customer report shows a simple report of the company name, and the total sales.
- The Sales report summary by sales rep report shows a sales reps sales, with the company and sales report name below the sales reps name.
- The Sales report w Tax and Postage report shows the total dollar amount of service sales, with Tax and Postage added onto it. It can be filtered by company and customer, with the numbers being pulled from an inputted date range.
- The Sales RPT CH report shows the total dollar amount of sales, tax, and postage. It can be sorted by customer and date range.
- The Shipment reconciliation report shows shipment tracking information. It lists the Customer, tracking number, ship date, carrier, service type, weight, and cost. It can be sorted by date range and customer.
- The Value Added by Sales Rep report shows the total amount, including inside and outside services, and purchases. It can be sorted by Sales rep, and date range.
- The Volume Discount Report shows discount percentages for service codes in the system.