Understanding the "My Account" Page Follow
Whether it is the Site Owner, an Employee, or an End User viewing the My Account page, various details that have been gathered about them will display here and can be edited.
- Change Picture - You can replace the system icon with a Gravatar image.
- Sign In As… - This option is used if the person viewing the Account page has permission to impersonate another user.
- Contact Info - Various information about the person that you have decided to collect. An administrator of the MyOrderDesk account is able to make decisions on what information is collected for the Contact Information. To set the fields that will be prompted when creating an account, you would go to Users & Groups > Profile Editors > Set Required Fields. Some important settings you will find on this page:
- Password Reset - Allows your customer to reset their password. If an administrator, you can send a Password Reset Email.
- Timezone for the customer.
- Shared Account (PunchOut integration details if applicable).
- Sign In Dates - When the customer initially signed in to the storefront, last signed in, and date of the last job they submitted.
- Quickbooks integration details (if applicable).
- Extended Profile - Sometimes there is information that needs to be collected from your customers that is specific to only their company, or products that they are ordering. If that is the case, you can create additional custom fields called "Extended Profiles." Extended Profiles are also set up under Users & Groups > Profile Editors. If custom fields have been created in an Extended Profile, they will be shown here. To understand more read: Creating and Editing Extended Profile Fields
- File Library - Files available to just this person.
- Address Book - Each user's own list of addresses they use for shipping and billing purposes.
If you are viewing an end-users account on the My Account page as an administrator, You will be able to gather additional information about their account, or make some setting changes specific to them:
- Group Settings - See which Groups this person belongs to. In this area, you may also override any group preferences for order forms or notifications that would normally apply to this person. You can also set specific people to notify when this person places an order, or which payment method they can see. This might be needed when each person has a different Payment Budget and you need to specify which one this user will use.
- Other Sites - There are occasions a particular person will belong to more than one site in your account. If that is the case, each of the accounts they are a member of will be listed here.
- Job Categories - Used when viewing an Account for an employee of your company. Select from a list of Categories set up in the site and decide what permissions this user has available to them for that particular Category. To understand more read: Editing Job Categories and using them in your Workflow