What's New and Improved
Print/Reprint a Payment Receipt from the A/R Section.
Updated Payment Details Window.
Store Multiple Credit Cards on File per Contact.
Set Security Level on Start.
Improvements and Fixes.
NOTE: CardConnect is not compatible with this version of Printer's Plan
I. Print/Reprint a Payment Receipt from the A/R Section
In prior versions of Printer’s Plan there wasn’t a way to print a payment receipt for payments made in the A/R section of the program. Additionally, for Deposit and Quick Sale payments, there wasn’t a way to reprint the payment receipt for these transactions. This functionality has been added to the 2021.5 version of the program.
To Print/Reprint a receipt navigate to the A/R section of the program, open the Payments Received folder, and select one of the list options (or click the Find button) to find the payment:
Highlight the payment and click on the Print button. In the Print dialog window that appears there is a new Receipt option:
Select the Receipt option and click one of the Print buttons to print a receipt for the payment.
II. Updated Payment Details Window
The Payment Details window, which is used for entering credit card information, has been updated to include additional data fields. These fields are now pre-populated with data from the Customer/Contact and will be used to help ensure lower processing rates (level2/3 data) and greater success when processing payments using an AMEX card:
III. Store Multiple Credit Cards on File per Contact.
In prior versions of Printer’s Plan only a single credit card could be stored on file for a contact. In the 2021.5 update, you can store multiple cards on file for each contact.
In the properties window of a contact, under the Default Payment Method on File section there is an Add/Edit Payment Methods button:
Clicking the Add/Edit Payment Methods button will open the Payment Methods window. This window displays each of the stored payment methods for that contact and has the following options:
- New Card - Clicking this button allows the creation of a new credit card on file for the selected contact.
- New ACH - Clicking this button allows the creation of a new ACH token on file for the selected contact.
- Delete - Clicking this button will delete the selected payment method.
- Right-Click/Set Default - If you right-click on a payment method a window will appear allowing you to set the selected payment method as the default option for the contact.
IV. Set Security Level on Start
When launching Printer’s Plan, if the default tab was password protected the Printer’s Plan Password window did not include the option to save the security level. This feature has been improved and the Password window now includes the option to save the security level.
V. Improvements and Fixes
- On wide-format jobs, if the document was two-sided and printed using a single side of the material under specific conditions (usually an item quantity of 1) the total material length did not account for the second side, this is now fixed.
- In the Settings/Print Reach Pay/Payment Processing Settings window, the Default Processing Method field did not display the saved selection, this is now fixed:
- When reversing a Quick Sale Payment, the quick sale reversal transaction was not properly stored in the database, this is now fixed.
- If a Shipping Method or Shipping Service contained the ® character this character caused an error when integrating with ShipStation or ShipLeap, this is now fixed and will no longer impact the integration.
- If a default shipping charge is automatically applied to a job, and the job is taxable, the tax amount on the job did not factor in the auto-applied shipping amount. This is now fixed.
- When sending a country code to ShipStation we now only send the first two characters of the Country field (required by ShipStation).
- In isolated scenarios, the markup rate of a shipping charge caused the shipping amount field to save fractional cent values (example, $13.251), this is now fixed.
- When processing a non-taxed transaction using Print Reach Pay, the transaction request now includes additional data to ensure lower processing rates.