August 2022 (Ongoing)
- Support for vCards added to ezMerge Barcode options
Support for vCards added to ezMerge Barcode Options
Previously ezMerge has had support for meCards. We've extended this barcode feature to also support vCards. The setup and behavior for barcodes in ezMerge has not changed, only the new availability of vCard support.
- Option to add Credit Card Surcharge in Print Reach Pay
- Order Emails Now Going to Email Override entered in Options > Email Notifications
- N/A removed from Shopping Cart and Order Review Pages when no Approval Workflow exists in the website.
Option to add Credit Card Surcharge now Available when using Print Reach Pay
If you are using the Print Reach Pay Credit Card Payment Method, you can now apply a Surcharge / Processing Fee to Orders using this method. Refer to the screenshots below to understand the various areas of MyOrderDesk that were updated to support this new feature.
Enable the Surcharge: You can customize the Name for this Fee and specify if it should be calculated by a specific dollar amount, or a percentage. Go to Admin > Shopping Cart > Payment Methods > Select your Print Reach Pay Payment Method.
Surcharges on the Order Review Page: When a Surcharge is enabled, a note will be added in the Payment section alerting your customer that if they use the Credit Card option, their order will incur a fee. The Name and Rate you set up will be displayed.
The Surcharge amount is taken after calculating Subtotal + Tax + Shipping - Discount.
The Surcharge on the Order Confirmation Page:
Option to Override Surcharge taken in Order Detail:
If you need to edit the Name of the Surcharge, or the amount taken, you can do that by viewing the Order Detail. As with other areas that can be edited after the order is placed, you can choose to notify your customer that a change was made to their order.
Surcharge Included on Job Ticket Report:
The Surcharge when taken will be included on the Job Ticket:
Surcharge Name and Amount Available for Custom Reports:
You can add two new columns to Custom Reports you create for the Surcharge.
Surcharge and Integrations:
- The Surcharge will pass to the following Integrated Solutions:
- Printer's Plan
Order Emails Now Going to Email Override entered in Options > Email Notifications
When your customers are viewing their Order History, they are able to use the Email Link to send you a message. Previously the email was sent to the Site Owner Email by Default. So you have more control over where this Email is sent, we are now using the Email address entered in Site Settings > Options > Shop Email Notifications. See screenshots below for more detail.
N/A removed when no Approval Workflow exists in the website.
Refer to the screenshots below to see what two areas this change applies to. N/A will no longer be displayed when there is no approval needed for any of the items being ordered.
UPS SurePost Added as a new Shipping Method
According to the UPS website, UPS SurePost® is an economy service for your non-urgent, business to consumer needs of low value. UPS makes the shipment pick-up, and the U.S. Postal Service® (USPS®) makes the final delivery, seven days a week. Packages must be at least four inches high, six inches long, and . 75 inches wide, may not exceed 130 inches in length and girth combined, and no single dimension may exceed 60 inches in length. The maximum weight of a UPS SurePost package is 70 pounds.
Media Mail added for USPS Shipping
From USPS: Media Mail is an economy shipping solution for media items. Contents are restricted to books, sound recordings, recorded video tapes, printed music, recorded computer-readable media (such as CDs and DVDs).
Please note that if you enable this option in your storefront, there is no way to limit the option to just the products that fit the requirement. Because of that, we suggest you only use this option when all products in the store fit the requirement, as the cost could be the most economical option you are offering and you will not be capturing enough in shipping if the item can't be sent that way.
Page Count now Available on Customer's Canvas Preflight
We now have a way to capture the number of pages your customers are uploading to the Preflight Tool. This new functionality can make sure your customer is uploading a file that fits the requirements they chose in the pricing form. If you have the Preflight tool and are interested in adding this, please contact our support team.
Add Custom Text for "Proceed to Payment" Button
Last month we added new wording (Proceed to Payment) on the checkout button when placing an order and using a credit card. With this new update, you now have the ability to customize the button text to something you would like other than using the default of Proceed to Payment. To customize this text, go to Admin > Shopping Cart > Checkout Options and then enter custom text on the line "Button [Proceed to Payment]."
More Control over the Watermark on ezMerge Products
A popular request to have a lighter version of the ezMerge Proof Watermark has been completed. You can now make a choice of a lighter version of the watermark in the Proof Settings area. Go to: Admin > ezMerge Templates > Proofs Section on the Templates Tab. The previous version (Dark = 75% black) is selected by default. If you would like the watermark to appear lighter (50% Black), select "Light" from the dropdown menu as seen in the screenshot below.
Search Added to MyOrderDesk List of Sites Drop Down Menu
We've received feedback that it can be difficult to locate the site you want to work on when you have a lot of storefronts added to your account. Because of this, we've added a search option at the top of the menu. You can search on either the site number or name.
Final UI Updates made to MyOrderDesk Admin Pages
As we finish up the UI updates to MyOrderDesk, one of the last areas that was left to be done was the admin setup pages for ezMerge and the various setup pages for Order Forms. These pages are now complete.
Change to the text seen on the Place Order button
We made a change to the wording on the button used to place the order. The button text is now based on the payment type being used. All the credit card related payment methods will use "Proceed to Payment" for the button text, while the rest will use whatever you set for that button (the default is "Place Order").
One exception to this is when using the credit card method of Print Reach Pay, and the customer is using a credit card they have on file, then the button will also say "Place Order" since they will not be Proceeding to Payment.
Last Login Date (LastLoginDatetime) added to User Export
When exporting the list of users from "Users & Groups," we are now including the date that the user last logged into the site. With this addition, you can see when they first logged in, the last time they logged in, and the date they last placed a job.
- Add a New Look to your Storefront Product Forms!
- All New Inventory Item Report Available
- Midnight / MyOrderDesk Update - Pass PO Number to Midnight
- Other Features and Updates Worth Noting
Add a New Look to your Storefront Product Forms!
You now have a new option for the look of your order forms (See below for a before and after example). With the new Design 2 option, you will see the fields have rounded corners, are larger and spaced out nicely, and the Buttons are wider.
DESIGN 2 (NEW OPTION)
There are two ways you can start using the "Design 2" option in your storefronts:
- When creating a new form. Go to Admin > Order Forms > Select New. Name your form and then select Design 2 from the drop down menu > Save. Customize your form as usual.
- Update an existing form. Go to Admin > Order Forms > Locate your form > Select Edit. On the Form page, select "Layout" from the tabs at the top of the page. In the popup window you will have a new option for the Design. Select "Design 2", save. *
* Note: The new design forms do not work with Table Layout. Please switch to the LIst Layout and save. When you return to the Layout again, Design 2 will now be an available option for you. Please also note that if you have custom CSS on your current form, the behavior will not work exactly as designed. You can either adjust your CSS or remove it.
All New Inventory Item Report Available
Reports in MyOrderDesk primarily report on data from Jobs that were submitted through the storefront. This report is not looking at Jobs, rather, it is reporting on all DocMart items that track inventory and will display the following:
- Item Name
- Customer ID
- Sell Price
- Quantity on Hand
- Reorder Point
When viewing the report you can:
- Filter to see only items in stock, or items that need reordering (because they are at a zero level, or they have reached their re-order point).
- When you are viewing the report, you can either print or export to CSV.
- To see the quantity that was on hand on a specific date, you can indicate that in the Snapshot Date field.
For details on setting this up in one of your storefronts, visit this documentation page.
Midnight / MyOrderDesk Update - Pass PO Number to Midnight
You can now pass a custom payment method to the PO field in Midnight. In MOD you would create the payment method for the PO Number and specify in Services > Midnight what custom field to map to the Midnight PO field. See this document for details.
Other Features and Updates Worth Noting
- You can now see your storage amounts on the Package page (Admin > Package > Select the link for Storage Summary in the File Storage Size row).
- We added an initializing icon to Customer Canvas Designer templates that will display while the template it loading.
- We continue to update the UI of pages throughout Admin. The remaining pages should be complete this month.
- Add Custom Text to the Sign-in Page
- Other Features and Updates Worth Noting
Add Custom Text to the Sign-In Page Now Available
You can now add a custom message at the top of the Sign In/Login Page. This will be helpful when you want to give some instructions to the end users, especially when it is the first time visiting the storefront. To do this, go to Admin > Site Settings > Display Elements, and select the new option of "Sign In Page." This will open a new window where you can add an image to the top of the Sign In window, or add custom text (including custom HTML) and images to the page.
Other Features and Updates Worth Noting
- In ezMerge, when using the View PDF Proof button, we are now keeping the X in the top/right side of the screen visible at all times. This is to make it easier for the end user to see how to exit the window, and to avoid them using the back button instead.
- The Customer's Canvas Preflight Tool now has a page upload limit of 200 (was previously 100). Documents of this size could take a long time to go through the review and correction steps and so we advice bringing that to the attention of your customers on the ordering page when you have a product you believe could fit this scenario. It is also advised that you have a step in the form creation that bypasses preflight for documents larger than 200 pages. Our support team can help you with this if you need assistance.