The Accounts Receivable (A/R) section of Printer's Plan is a critical component for managing billing and payment processes. It provides users with a variety of tools to view, organize, and report on financial transactions. This guide outlines the functions and features within the A/R tab, including invoice management, payment tracking, and financial reporting. Users are advised to handle edits within the History Jobs with caution, as they directly influence the accounts receivable data. For detailed instructions on making necessary adjustments, users should consult the "Correcting Invoices" guidelines.
Printer’s Plan is designed to synchronize the accounts receivable data with the History Jobs records. It's crucial to understand that any modifications made directly to History Jobs can impact the accounts receivable details.
Editing History Jobs:
Direct edits to History Jobs should be avoided to maintain data accuracy. Should there be an essential need to alter a History Job, it is imperative to follow the prescribed method laid out in the section titled “Correcting Invoices.” This documentation provides a step-by-step guide on how to properly cancel a History Job and generate an amended version, ensuring that the accounts receivable records remain accurate and reflective of the current financial status.
By adhering to these guidelines, you can ensure that your accounts receivable information is consistent, accurate, and reliable for financial analysis and reporting.
Accessing the Accounts Receivable (A/R) Section
To navigate to the Accounts Receivable module in Printer’s Plan, select the A/R tab from the main menu. You will notice addition options in the A/R List Manager, each list is explained below.
Accounts Receivable (A/R) Navigation and Options
This section displays a list of invoices that have been shipped but not yet posted to history. Users can review these invoices before confirming their entry into the accounting records.
- List: View a list of all invoices that are ready to be posted to History.
This area provides visibility into all invoices that have not been settled. Detailed views by customer, invoice number, and various summaries are available. It also offers the functionality to process payments for these outstanding invoices.
- By Customer: View unpaid invoices sorted by customer.
- By Invoice No: View unpaid invoices by their invoice numbers.
- Past-Due Only: Filter to show only invoices that are past their payment due date.
- Summary by Age: A summary of unpaid invoices categorized by how long they have been outstanding.
- Summary by Month Due: Invoices due, summarized by the month they are due.
- Total: The number of all unpaid invoices.
This segment lists all invoices that have been completely paid off, with options to filter the view by specific time frames such as today, this week, month, or year, as well as by other custom dates. You will find detailed information about each invoice in the lists.
- Today: Invoices that were paid in full today.
- This Week/Month/Year: Paid invoices by the week, month, or year.
- Last Week/Month/Year: Paid invoices from the previous week, month, or year.
- Other Date: Search for paid invoices by a specific date.
- Summary by Day/Week/Month/Year: Summaries of paid invoices over different time periods.
- Average Days to Pay: The average number of days it takes for invoices to be paid broken down by customer.
Here you can track anticipated payments, offering a forecast that helps in managing cash flow. It includes a detailed breakdown of expected payments within different time periods, including past-due amounts. This section also allows for the creation of new payments.
- Any Date: Expected payments for any date selected.
- This Week/Month: Payments that are expected to be received this week or month.
- Next Week/Month: Payments expected next week or month.
- Past-Due: Expected payments that are past their due date.
- Summary by Day/Week/Month/Year: Summaries of expected payments over different time periods.
This section catalogs all payments that have been received. It allows sorting by date and provides summaries over daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly intervals, along with grouping options. This section also allows for the creation of new payments.
- Today: Payments that have been received today.
- This Week/Month/Year: Payments received this week, month, or year.
- Last Week/Month/Year: Payments received last week, month, or year.
- Other Date: Search for payments received on a specific date.
- Summary by Day/Week/Month: Summaries of received payments over different time periods.
- Summary by Group: Received payments summarized by customer group.
You can manage credit amounts issued to customers in this section. It includes tools for setting credit limits and details regarding credits that are due or have been applied. Remember, any credits should always have a record in the payment journal reflecting the credit changes to avoid incorrect A/R balances.
- Limits: Manage and view credit limits for customers.
- Due: Credits that are due by customer.
- Details: Detailed information about credits issued.
In this area, users can manage late fees that can be applied to overdue invoices, including viewing which invoices are chargeable or have already been charged with a late fee.
- Chargeable: Late fees that can be charged.
- Charged: Late fees that have already been charged.
This part of the module allows for the review of invoices that are likely to be written off and the confirmation of those that have been formally written off.
- Likely: Allows you to search for Invoices that are likely to be written off as uncollectible based on the balance and age.
- Written Off: Invoices that have been formally written off.
This function is used to communicate with customers by sending statements, past-due notices, and other financial communications, with options to send to individual or parent accounts.
- Statement: Send account statements to customers.
- Past-Due Notice: Send notices to customers with past-due payments.
- Statement to Parent: Send consolidated statements to parent accounts.
- Statement to Parent (exclude child): Send statements to parent accounts excluding transactions from child accounts.
Print Reach Pay
- Allows access to your payment portal through Printer's Plan.