Manually Adjusting Payments Entered in for Printer's Plan A/R:
If you have applied a payment incorrectly in A/R, you need to do the following to correct the error:
- Create a partial refund in Print Reach Central.
- Apply an advanced negative payment in Printers Plan to accommodate for the reversal in Merchant Track
- Adjust the Job totals of jobs that received the partial refund.
The next paragraphs explain each of these steps in detail.
1. Creating the partial refund in Print Reach Central
1. Log into Print Reach Central.
2. Using the reports drop-down, select transactions.
3. Using the transaction search fields, locate the transaction you would like to do a partial refund on.
4. Use the refund controls to initiate a refund.
5. At the pop-up, you can input the amount that you would like to refund.
If the original Job is in History (A/R), then you should follow the instructions below.
If the job has not been posted and is still in history there will be instructions on how to accommodate this below.
2A. Creating an advanced negative payment in Printers Plan to accommodate for the reversal in Merchant Track (This would be if the job is posted to history)
1. Open the Payment window for the customer who you have issued a partial refund. (For instructions on opening the Payment window of a customer, see the inset titled “Payment Window of a Customer in A/R” under “Receiving Payments”.) Then, enter the following:
Type: Select the payment type you originally selected for the payment.
Ref.: Type Partial Refund. The entry in this field will serve as a reference for you in the future; therefore, you may use any other words of your choice.
Amount: Enter the amount of the partial as a negative amount with a minus sign (-) in front.
CAUTION: Do not apply the payment to any invoices.
Now the Payment window should look similar to the following:
2. Click one of the Save buttons. The following pop-up message appears.
You will be greeted with a second pop-up stating that no credit card would be charged for this payment, click yes.
3. Click Yes.
Now the Payments Received list includes a negative payment amount, which offsets the original payment amount.
3. Adjust the Job totals of jobs that received the partial refund.
1. In A/R, find the paid invoice that needs to be updated and open its Job Totals window as explained in the following inset.
To Open the Job Totals Window:
If the invoice was paid in full:
- Open the Invoices Paid in Full folder
- If the date the invoices were paid is today, click on Today. Otherwise, click Other Date..., enter the invoice number, and click Find Now.
- Double-click on the invoice. The History Job window opens.
- Click Job Totals at the bottom. The Job Totals window opens.
If the invoice was partially paid:
- Open the Payment window for the customer that received the incorrectly applied payment.
- Click on the incorrectly paid invoice to highlight it.
CAUTION: Do not check the box next to the invoice.
3. Click Edit Job Totals on the left pane. The Job Totals window opens.
2. In the Paid field, highlight the amount and adjust it.
You will want to ensure this field reflects the actual amount the customer was charged.
CAUTION: Be sure to enter any paid amounts as a negative number.
3. Click OK to close the Job Totals window.
Once these steps are done Merchant Track, Printers Plan A/R, and the job in question will all be proper.
2B. Creating a negative deposit in Printers Plan to accommodate for the reversal in Merchant Track (This would be if the job is NOT posted to history)
1. Open the job in the Jobs tab and click on paid in full/balance due box in the lower right-hand corner.
2. In the deposit window put in the amount of the refund (this will need to be negative). Select Print Reach Pay as your payment method and click save and close.
3. A pop-up will appear telling you that no credit card will be charged, click yes.
You will receive a second pop-up telling you that a negative (reverse) payment will be made, click OK.
4. In your A/R tab, you will now see a partial refund under payments received.