Midnight v6.0 (10/2017) Release Notes Follow
Midnight – Version 6.0
Released October 27, 2017
Enhanced User Interface:
The color scheme has been optimized to make things easier on the eyes. Allowing one to personalize their user experience with company logos, and a personal avatar makes Midnight feel like it was created just for you and your organization. The product has been updated to utilize cutting edge technology, and the new design/layout provides the opportunity for growth in the future as the product continues to grow and expand.
This new release includes significant improvements in performance. The opening / closing of pages is faster. Specially, you will notice Estimates and Orders opening approximately 40-50% faster.
DJB – New View!! –> Version Status View
This new view allows one to see Order Version’s grouped by Status. Each status can be further defined with a color-coded Urgency flag.
The color coded Urgency values are defined in Admin->Global Settings->DJB. Four default values have already been supplied, but feel free to add your own.
- • Drag-n-Drop a version from one status to another
- • Double-click a version to call the Order Details page and see all services associated with the version. The Urgency dropdown atop this page allows you to provide a different urgency status and color coding.
- • View all open versions (default behavior), or enter an Order number and click the Search button to view specific Order Version(s)
DJB – Split task page
The split task page has been redesigned. Adding/Editing/Deleting happens on the split task screen without launching a new pop-up window.
Several new business rules were added to make the process of creating split tasks simple.
Start Time and Stop time were added. (these columns were also added to the Task View, and the Order Details page)
DJB – Calendar View:
- • You now define if you want to see ½ hour increments or 15 min increments in the calendar view (this is defined in Admin->Global settings->DJB)
- • Changed times so they are displayed in 12 hr format – not 24 hour format. This makes calendar and timeline view consistent.
- • Cell background color is different for the active hours of the machine dept. This allows you to see the operating hours of all machines in the given department so you don’t schedule something outside of working hours.
- • When you double-click calendar item, the time dropdown displays values in 15 min increments (however, you can type your own value in if you want)
DJB – Timeline View:
If you place your mouse over an item, the properties of the task are displayed. This eliminates having to open items to see the details.
Report: Orders Module – “Work Order (advanced)” Report.
This new work order report incorporates all parts of an order; mail services, print services, print calculator items, wide format items etc. and rolls it all together with a fresh look and feel. Enjoy!
Dashboard: Unlimited number of widgets per user.
Historically, one has only been able to have four (4) widgets on ones dashboard. Now, you can select any number of widgets to be displayed. Go to admin->Employee->Dashboard link.