Midnight – Version 5.33
Released June 9th, 2017
Orders / Estimates:
The following two new features were previewed and discussed at our annual user conference (VSUN) last month.
– 1. New Feature: Service Entry/Edit performance improvement. We have improved the user experience when entering/editing service line items on both the Estimate and Order pages. You asked for the ability to quickly be able to enter services and not have to use a mouse. Focus will now automatically move from field to field after entering a value. We also removed page refreshes (wherever possible) to improve the speed in which you can enter/edit services. We’ve had a few clients test-driving this for us the last few months and response has been very positive – enjoy!
– 2. New Feature: Multi Location Shipping on Orders: Customers often need to distribute a job to multiple locations. In this case, we are providing the user the ability to enter a list of shipping addresses on a per customer basis. We will then let them add those address “locations” to the order and decide what quantity of each service goes to that Shipping location. Please see the attached PDF for a detailed description of this new functionality.
– Order/Version tab – performance improvement. When loading different versions inside of an order, you will notice a speed improvement. It will be very noticeable if you load a version and no changes have taken place on the version you are currently in. In this case, it will bypass trying to save the version you are currently on and immediately load the new version. We have clients with 200+ versions on a given order. Regardless of the number of versions on an order, the time needed to load the order will remain the same (not be slower when many versions exist).
Dynamic Job Board:
– We have improved the Split task functionality on the DJB.
We added the following columns: Qty, Run Rate, and Estimated Time to the Split task page. Both Qty and Rate are editable. Should you change either, the Estimated Time will auto update.
In the footer of the page, we are showing you the Total Qty, Run Rate, and Total Estimated time to complete the task(s). This is helpful so you can confirm the quantities associated with the split tasks equal the original Service Qty.
In the Task View of the DJB, we added a Task Qty column. This allows you to see the original qty of the service, and the new quantity associated with the split task(s)
– Addressed issue with Multi Part Print Estimates – Wizard Info was not showing for additional services.
– Addressed issue where Base Price was being used instead of Unit Price for additional services in the print calculator.
– Addressed issue with locking the price in the print calculator.
– Addressed issue with drop downs freezing in the application following a chrome update.
– Addressed issue in Advanced Wide Format Calculator to ensure whenever qty was updated, the material cost updated appropriately as well.
– Addressed issue with a blank page potentially appearing when trying to launch the print calculator.
– Addressed issue where a blank order could potentially be created if user clicked Export to Order more than once.