Midnight v5.0 (07/2016) Release Notes Follow
Midnight -Version 5.0
Released July 8th, 2016
Dynamic Job Board:
You asked for it, and we delivered it! You will find two new buttons on the DJB – Calendar View and Timeline view. This new functionality is replacing the current Scheduling module in Midnight. For those currently using the original scheduling module, you can continue to use it for the next few months. However, we want to work with you and migrate you over to the new and improved scheduling tools here in the DJB. These new views are fully integrated into the DJB, and all views work in coordination with each other.
– Auto-Scheduled tasks appear on the Calendar view
– You can schedule non-scheduled tasks directly from the Task view.
– Drag-n-drop and edit tasks in the Calendar view.
– Manage and view all tasks for a single order in the new Job Dialog page.
– Flag services in admin/services that you don’t want to appear on the DJB
– And so much more!
**Rather than try and explain all this new functionality, we have created this video for you to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Cssw8VFeE
You may also request additional documentation from the Support team.
Orders / Estimates:
– Multiple Quantity Estimate functionality has been updated to now work with the print calculators.
– Updating the expected quantity on either the Order/Info tab, or Version tab will now update inventory quantities along with the service quantities.
1. Inventory Re-order email notification: When an inventory item falls at or below its defined re-order point, the system can send a notification email to one or more persons. Those that are to receive the notification are defined in Admin/Global Settings/Inventory. Separate each email address with a comma. Note: an items Reorder Point is defined her
2. New Customer Email Notification: Each time a new customer is created, the system can send a notification email to one or more persons. Those that are to receive the notification are defined in Admin/Global Settings/CRM. Separate each email address with a comma.to the system. The new feature will be useful for the accounting department so they can receive notice of new customers, perform a credit check, add the customer to the accounting system, etc.
– Price Previewing block has been added to the top of the Admin/Print/Print Product Templates page. Enter a quantity, click calculate, and get a preview of what pricing would look like for any given template you have created.
– Receive Inventory page: one now has the ability to print skid flag reports from this page.
– Item Type dropdown on inventory item page is now sorting in alpha order.
– PO by Vendor report has been added to PO page. This report allows you to see all PO activity associated with a given Vendor.
– Sales Reports/Price Sheet report. This report has been updated to include the service description, and new Service attributes such as whether or not the service is set up to show on the DJB and whether or not it is flagged as a service that should auto schedule.
– Addressed use case where one could double inventory receipt quantity.
– Fixed issue that occurred when you attempted to re-run a service wizard from the service Details page in an order or estimate.
– Fixed error when editing a warehouse location.
– Addressed formatting of Shipping Cost field on Shipment Tracking page.
– Print Calculator – Addressed issue with calculating spoilage
– Print Calculator – Perfecting run type was not correct – it was doubling the net impressions. This has been addressed.
– Print Calculator – addressed issue of Volume pricing overriding the price if a Service has Volume Pricing & Wizards and is assigned as a Finishing Service.