Midnight -Version 3.7
Released August 1st, 2014
Just like last month, much of this release was dedicated to performance improvement. We of course have a few other things to throw in, but the main impetus of this release was improving the user experience. This month, focus was placed on the Estimatesmodule. The following improvements were implemented:
– Customer Drop down – there is no longer a delay if you have a large list of customers. The list will automatically load as you scroll, or automatically filter to the desired customer if you begin typing the customer name.
– Clicking between the service department tabs is much faster; clicking the non-department tabs (Details, Postage, etc.) has an immediate response.
– Pricing Tab – the rate column now displays 5 digits following the decimal.
– Pricing Tab – enter a (-) number in the discount field and it will result in a markup on a given item (rather than discount).
– When associating an inventory transaction (add, subtract, move) with an order number, you can now select an order number associated with the parent of the customer that is associated with the inventory item. This functionality exists in the mobile iPad inventory app as well.
– When submitting an order to Midnight via the Web Service API, an entry for the creation of that order is placed in the Order Audit History log.
– Made a few customer requested tweaks to the QuickBooks export file, and the QuickBooks online export file – both related to reporting on taxable items. This will not affect those of you currently using the QuickBooks export function.
– ‘Customer List’, and ‘Customer List with Contacts’ reports were reformatted for better readability.
– The ‘Sales by service Code’ report was updated to only show one row per service – this was updated for better readability as well.
– All Sales reports were updated to not reflect orders that have a status of ‘deleted’.
– A specific enhancement was completed for a customer allowing them to copy all inventory items selected on an order and have those inventory items copied/moved to a department tab so that they can be invoiced and charged to the customer. If this use case pertains to you, or you are interested in learning more about this enhancement, let’s talk!
– All widgets snap-to-fit on the dashboard and uniformly present themselves.
– Order Notes not appearing after saving a record was addressed.
– Forgot your password link now works properly
– Some drop downs with multiple columns that have long text fields were overlapping – this has been addressed in several places.
– Inability to send emails in certain circumstances was addressed.
– Due Date / Actual Due Date issues were addressed.
– Issue with adding a CRM Record on the History tab was addressed.