Midnight -Version 4.9
Released May 20th, 2016
Dynamic Job Board:
– Performance has been significantly improved.
– The ‘All’ view on the Task View department tab is no longer available. It defaults to your first Service Type (Department).
– You can modify the estimated time for a given task directly from the Task View. Click the link in the Est Time column and update either the estimated time or Run Rate. Changing one will automatically update the other.
– Order View – the Order Number link now opens the Order Dialog page allowing you to view/edit all services associated with order. This is a great new feature as it allows you to have a summary list of orders, and still have the ability to drill-in and see all services associated with an order.
Orders / Estimates:
– Orders/Inventory Tab: Item Type is a new column that has been added.
– Should you have enough active service types (departments) on an estimate and Order, a scroll bar automatically becomes visible so you can scroll and click all tabs. Rather than use a scroll bar, we are now using arrows at the beginning and end of the tab strip.
– Orders: New Quick Link: “Quick Create Inventory” This link allows you to add inventory directly from the Order Page. Once done adding the new inventory item, it will automatically be placed on the Order/Inventory tab.
Print Estimating Calculators:
– Additional services are now able to utilize the service base price and not be included in the markup of a print item. A markup column has been added to the additional services grid that allows you to select whether an additional service should be marked up or not. If an additional service is selected to be marked up it will use the $/Unit price in the standard service setup and have the print item markup applied. If an additional service is not selected to be marked up it will not be included in the print markup price but will be added to the service price total in the run results section. This selection will use the Base Price in the same way as a regular standard service and will not be marked up.
– Service level Qty discounts are now working on additional services
– Wizards are now affecting the price of an additional service
– You now define whether you want the ‘More Details’ button stay collapsed or always be expanded. This is managed in Admin/Global settings – Orders/Estimates tab.
– Flat size changed to Signature Size, only shows when a print item has pages
– Item ID added to paper dropdown
– Ignore Margin/Bleed checkbox introduced to aid in estimating jobs that print to the edge
– Markup column has been added so that Markup % is visually broken out and not included in the extended price of each PO item. There is a separate total for this below the table as well.
– You now have the ability to delete inventory images.
– If visiting the proof approval page after a proof has already been approved, you are now able to review the proof.
– Paper Ordering Report (added to the inventory section of the reports module)– This new report enables companies to view a list of orders that were entered each day so they can place a ‘Just In Time’ order for paper stocks required to run jobs on their printing presses. Essentially this report is showing a list of inventory items associated with orders. By default the report shows only order inventory items with type of PAPER and Order Date of today, but these parameters can be modified as needed.
– You now have the ability to add additional attachments to reports being emailed from Midnight. A good use case for this may be wanting to attach a copy of the postage statement to the Invoice that is sent to a customer so they have all the info in one simple email.
– Standard Services: The GLID and Item Code dropdowns both display the code and description for each value.
– Standard Services: Once a service has been saved, we won’t allow you to change the Service Type (the department the service is associated with). If you want to change the service type, the correct process is to copy the service and change it.
Window Book (PostalWeb) Integration:
– Additional automation has been completed. If you are interested in integrating Midnight with your Window Book, PostalWeb product, please contact support.
– Impressions per hour now loading from template not press standard
– Hourly rate now saving in templates
– Run results no longer showing in millions
– Legacy print items no longer deleting when order is copied
– DJB is sorting by Task Start Date and then Priority.
– When copying a version, the default value will be the expected qty of copied version rather than 0.
– Filtering for proofs with a status of ‘closed’ on the Proof search page works correctly.
– Addressed issue with auto-inventory deduct if due date if before the close date.
– Estimates converted to Orders will have their status updated to Won.
– Addressed issue on DJB where statuses could revert back to original status.
– Service Detail page: no longer have an issue re-running a wizard.
– DJB Task view will no longer auto-refresh