This guide will walk you through how to set up and install Web Solutions on your Windows Server 2012 (or later). Please note you should be on the latest version of Printer's Plan to update or install the API. You can find information on the latest version here: Printer's Plan - Release Notes and Downloads.
For Windows 10 professional there is a slightly different guide located here: https://printreach.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Web-Solutions-InstallationGuide-Windows-10.pdf
Web2Plan Download Link: https://printreach.com/printersplan/WebSolutions/WebSolutions-NewInstall.zip
NOTE: This is a paid feature, please contact your account manager if you are interested in using Web2Plan and do not have this included in your account.
DIRECT TRAFFIC FROM PUBLIC IP ADDRESS TO LOCAL IP ADDRESS
It's recommended to perform this step now. Do not forget this step as it will not work without it. This is mentioned again later in the document.
- On any computer on your network login to your router.
- On the router, direct traffic from your static public IP address provided by your internet provider to the local IP address (internal address) of the computer that will be running the Printer’s Plan Web solution.
- This step is important and nothing with work without it. If you have a firewall, please allow access to the following IP addresses: 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
INSTALL INTERNET INFORMATION SERVICES (IIS)
Before you begin, ensure that you have administrative user rights on the computer on which you plan to install IIS.
- Open the Server Manager and, from the Manage menu, select Add Roles and Features.
The Add Roles and Features Wizard window appear.
- Select Server Roles.
- From the Roles menu, scroll down and checkmark Web Server (IIS); then, click Next.
- In the Add Roles and Features Wizard window, click Add Features.
In the next Add Roles and Features Wizard window, the Web Server (IIS) role is now check marked.
- Click Next.
- In the Add Roles and Features Wizard window, select Role Services under the Web Server Role (IIS) menu.
- In the Roles option expand the Application Development (Application Development Features) menu.
- Checkmark the ASP.NET 4.5 (Or Later) option.
The Add Roles and Features Wizard window appears. (If it doesn’t, click Next.)
- In this window click the Add Features button. The Web Server Role Services list appears. The ASP.NET 4.5 and the related options are check marked.
- Click Next. The Confirmation option is selected in the Add Roles and Features Wizard window.
- Click the Install button to install the selected options.
ADD THE PLANWEB SITE TO THE WEBROOT
- On the computer, download the following zipped file to your desktop: https://printreach.com/printersplan/WebSolutions/WebSolutions-NewInstall.zip
- Unzip the WebSolutions-NewInstall.zip file and copy the PlanWeb folder into the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ folder.
SET PERMISSION OF THE APP_DATA FOLDER
- Open the PlanWeb folder (located in the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot directory). The following files and folders will be listed:
- Right-click on the App_Data folder, and from the menu that appears, select Properties.
- In the Properties window, click the Security Tab. The following window appears.
- Click Edit. The Security Permissions window appears.
- Select Users under Group or user names.
- In the Permissions for Users section, checkmark Allow in the Write option.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK and then OK again to close the Properties window.
- Repeat steps 2 through 8 for the JobRequests, and JobDocuments folders.
Note: The above folders are the only folders that need to be shared from the PlanWeb directory.
MOVE YOUR PRINTERS PLAN FILES TO THE APP_DATA FOLDER
- Move the contents of your Printer's Plan files (PlanData.mdb, Planwin.pp, pp.exe, Folder, backups, etc ) files from the Printer’s Plan folder on your server computer to the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\PlanWeb\App_Data directory.
***Important*** If you wish to have a trial period, the program can use a copy of your Printer’s Plan database file, not the live database. Any information entered into this Printer’s Plan during the evaluation period, such as Template Jobs, will be removed when you transition to the live environment. If you wish to skip the evaluation and start in a live environment you will need to move your database and all shared files to this location. After moving the Database and shared files the workstations will instruct you to point to the new Database location.
IN IIS, SET PLANWEB TO AN APPLICATION
- Click the Windows Start button and, in the Search field, type IIS.
- Press Enter. The Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager loads.
- In the IIS Manager window, open the Sites folder and expand the Default Web Site option. Under the Default Web Site tree, PlanWeb is listed.
- Right-click the PlanWeb folder and, from the menu that appears, click Convert to Application.
The Add Application window appears.
- Click OK.
- In the IIS Manager window, click Application Pools.
- In the Application Pools listing, right-click DefaultAppPool and, from the menu that appears, select Advanced Settings... The Advanced Settings window appears.
- In the General section, set .NET Framework Version to v4.0 and Enable 32-Bit Applications to True.
- Click OK.
- In IIS Manager, select the PlanWeb folder and click Browse *:80(http)
The PlanWeb page appears.
- When you have reached this point of the installation process, please contact Print Reach support to activate the program.
Note: Before you call be sure the traffic from your public IP address has been directed to the local IP address of this computer. This step is important and nothing will work without it. If you have a firewall, please allow access to the following IP addresses: 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
***Important*** During the trial period, the program will use a copy of your Printer’s Plan database file, not the live database. Any information entered into this Printer’s Plan during the evaluation period, such as Template Jobs, will be removed when you transition to the live environment. If you wish to skip the evaluation and start in a live environment you will need to move your database and all shared files to this location. After moving the Database and shared files the workstations will instruct you to point to the new Database location.