Using the Find By Item Tool to Filter and Search Items Details Follow
The Find By Item tool can be used to search for specific items based on products, descriptions, or even service names. If you are looking to get a list of specific items with similar properties this will be the tool for the job.
In order to get to this tool, you will need to be in the Jobs tab. Select Find in the top banner. Then, choose the Find By Item here:
After opening this tool, you will be presented with this window:
Numbered above are the different filters you can set to pull the report and Relate to Step 1 -Set Filters.
- Customer: You can search the name or number of a specific customer. Leave this blank for all customers.
- Job Type: Select the job type such as orders or history jobs.
- Date Range: Choose the parameter which the date is based on, such as Date Shipped or Date Due, then choose before, after, or in between the specified date. Set the second drop-down to Any Date for any date based on the first drop-down.
- CSR/SRep: This is for filtering by CSR and/or Sales Rep. Keep in mind that if you select a person for both, it will only show jobs/items with BOTH people on it, not all of the orders each one is on.
- Product Type: This filter allows you to select the specific product you may be looking for.
- Item Description: This is based on the item description at the top of the SPECS window, NOT the job title.
- Item Note: This is based on the item note at the bottom of the SPECS window.
- Service Name: This is based on the services included in the item. After typing the name of the service you are looking for, a window will prompt you to select the correct one.
After choosing your filters, you move on to Step 2 - Click List. This allows you to select how you want to view the orders. Either by product type, item description, or job number. You can switch between the views if one does not work for you.
Lastly, Step 3 - Select and Item allows you to view the item, job, or customer by selecting the item, then clicking one of the three options listed. Additionally, if you would like to be taken to the entire order to edit it, you can select the item, then click OK. This will take you back to the Jobs tab and have the order shown for you to select. This third step also allows you to print or export the entire list provided if you would like.