pCloud enhances web-based access to Cloud-Hosted Printer's Plan by creating a connection between the server where Printer's Plan is hosted, and your workstation. pCloud enables remote server files to be synced locally for easy file sharing. A support team member can assist with this setup on your remote Cloud-Hosted Printer's Plan server.
Do you need pCloud?
- If your workflow requires you to use your internet browser and still upload and download files.
- The standard Cloud-Hosted Printer's Plan access method is through Printersplan.Printreach.com. When accessing through your internet browser, the functionality to upload and download files is limited. pCloud addresses that limitation.
- If your workflow requires storing files on the Cloud-Hosted Printer's Plan server in order to attach to orders.
- Using RemoteApp and attaching files to Printer's Plan orders requires the files to be on the same server as the application. Local files won't attach to remote jobs (the file path will be invalid).
Set Up pCloud
- Start by downloading pCloud Drive and installing the program.
- Create an account with pCloud.com
- Log into the Cloud-Hosted Printer's Plan resource via the web client
- Click the SYNC tab
- Select 'Add New Sync' button
- Locate the folder that will be shared. The default recommendation is the 'JobDocuments' folder in this directory: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\PlanWeb
- Open the program pCloud Drive and log in to establish a connection.
pCloud Drive Application
- You can now upload files by placing them into your mapped folder and retrieve the files in your P: drive locally.
- Alternatively, files can be uploaded to the remote directory via 'drag and drop' into the mapped. folders within your new P: drive on the workstation.
- The pCloud Drive application should be set to start automatically when the machine boots.
- Files transferred back and fourth may take a moment to transfer and sync.
- For best results when attaching files within Printer's Plan, use the web access as the RemoteApp configuration can cause delays in load time while merging resources.
Change Sync Folders
- Review step 3 in 'Setup pCloud' above and complete sub-steps 2 through 4.
In the 'Sync' window; resources can be 'stopped' as well as new connections added.
More storage space can be obtained by opening the pCloud Drive app and selecting the 'Account' tab in the top header. Here there is a section with the option to 'Unlock More Space' or 'Upgrade' to upgrade the account.
Clicking 'Upgrade' will display options that are available for purchasing more storage.