After completing training, setting up integrations, and performing a period of testing to confirm accurate output, it is time to go 'live' with Printer's Plan.
There are several factors to consider before beginning to use Printer's Plan in a live environment:
Is Printer's Plan configured properly?
There are many things to consider before using the program such as:
- Departments, categories, and services have been organized properly
- Default settings have been adjusted based on preferences
- Default product types have been adjusted
- Sales data such as sales departments and tax rates have been updated
- Documents should be formatted with proper layout and display logo
- Email templates should have accurate company information and updated language
Do CSRs and employees understand the workflow?
Employees' workstations should be configured with settings to simplify their workflow.
- Use the Printer's Plan main menu to customize workstation options and disable tabs that CSRs don't use
- In the Settings menu under General Settings set passwords for various tasks such as editing services or price levels.
- If using optional tools such as TimeTracker or Scheduler make sure the CSRs and service reps know how they should be using the program properly.
- Set up passwords to protect sensitive information from being updated or altered without consent.
- Make sure employees understand the proper way to process deposits, payments, and credit adjustments.
Has the Printer's Plan database been cleaned of practice data?
In Printer's Plan, all testing information should be removed before beginning using the program to get accurate reporting data.
- Use the 'Clear Practice Data' to remove all payment information applied to jobs.
- Manually delete all jobs, quotes, and templates used for practice only purposes.
- There should be no A/R data, Report data or order data when starting out with Printer's Plan.
- Customers entered as practice customers can be removed or updated with real customer information.
- Job and quote starting numbers will need to be reset or adjusted to the desired starting point once all data is removed.
Set reminders to compact the Printer's Plan database regularly as well as backup the database.
- This helps make sure that accurate backup data is retained if anything should happen.
- Compacting eliminates errors and keeps the database responsive.