Printer's Plan has the ability to set different security levels by applying passwords to various areas of the program.
If an area has no password level then that area or task has free access and no passwords will be required for that area.
If every area of the program including the 'GoTo Home Section' requires a password then they will not be able to use the software unless they have the password.
- 'Passwords' area is red.
- 'Security Access' area is blue.
Navigate to the Settings tab and select the 'General Settings' folder and click on 'Passwords'. In this area (highlighted in red) please follow these steps:
- Enter a password for 'Top Level (Master Password' first. Keep that password saved somewhere or be sure to not forget the password. This password will allow access to any part of the program and can erase passwords.
- Enter passwords for each other security levels that will be used. Using all five is not required.
- Remember that restricting parts of the program and not restricting others will allow for users to not be required a password for certain areas.
Setting Security Levels
Look through each of the options in the list (highlighted blue above ) and consider carefully what level of access is needed for this area or task.
- Will this option be available globally? If so, it may not need a password level.
- Who will I affect if I don't give them access to this area?
- If any parts of the program such as deleting orders need the owner to approve, assign them to the master level.
Once these passwords are set, only the master password can adjust that information. If the master password is lost, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. All passwords are stored as encrypted data so they can not be recovered but instead will be reset.
Set Security Level
When the passwords have been activated and all of the users have their security passwords, they will be prompted with a window requesting a password.
OK: A prompt for the password will appear each time access to a restricted area of the program is requested.
Set Security Level: This option allows a single password entry to be valid for the current session. If the program is closed or higher access is needed, the password prompt will appear again.