The Printer's Plan tab labeled 'Customers' has eight main directories listed. Each folder contains organized information related to customer data.
Below we have an explanation of the relevant fields you need to understand to use this tab.
- Customers: Accounts with contacts who have placed orders in Printer's Plan previously.
- Prospects: Customers that have been created but have not processed any orders through Printer's Plan
- Customers + Prospects: The complete customer data list
- Top Customers: The top-rated customers according to order history
- Inactive Customers: Customers that have no recent orders
- Special Customer Numbers: Specific customers numbers with special effects like walk-ins
- Contacts: The buyers and payers listed on all customer accounts
- Shipping Addresses: Additional shipping locations for all customer accounts
- Vendors: A list of all vendor data
Creating a New Customer
In the Customers tab: Click the 'New' button at the top of the window in the controls area.
In the 'New Job Window': Click 'Create New Customer' in the customer section labeled #2.
When the 'New' button is clicked in the Customers tab of Printer's Plan, a copy of the information contained on the 'Default Customer' is carried over to a new record. From this point, the new customer data can be entered.
Each customer can have multiple contacts and shipping records that belong to that customer. Clicking into the area that says 'Ship To' will display the list of shipping addresses for this customer. Clicking the 'Buyer' or 'Payer' fields will display the 'Contacts' list for this customer. Each respective list has an option to create or edit the records.
The customer window is broken up into 3 main sections:
- Top Section
- Middle Section
- Bottom Section
- Status: This option can be set to Active, On Hold, or Hidden. Hidden will remove this customer from the order creation process.
- Tag: These are customizable and allow for additional information to be communicated in Printer's Plan.
- Bill To: This area is made up of Customer Account Name, Address 1, Address 2, City, State, Postal Code, and Country.
- Ship To: This field will have '< Same as Bill To >' selected by default. Clicking this box will allow for setting a default 'Ship To' record by making a selection from the Ship To Address List or selecting 'New' to create a new record.
- Buyer: Having a default buyer is optional. This can be updated on an order-by-order basis or set here in the customer window.
- Payer: Having a default payer is optional. This can be updated per order or set here if there is a preferred default payer.
- Website: Updating this information allows for quickly navigating to the customer's proffered website when clicking the 'Website' field.
Many of the components that have a drop-down menu to make a selection will have customization options within the Settings tab in the Customers folder.
- General Properties: This area allows for making general associations with the account.
- Financial Properties: This area is where all financial properties are set such as tax rate and terms.
- User-Defined Properties: These user-defined properties are customizable based on need and the options available are updated in the Customers section of the Settings tab. These options can be filtered for specific output. For example, getting a list of customers that only buy signs. if 'Buys signs' is an option, and is selected, then a filter can be created for that data.
- New Job Alert: Information in this note field will be triggered to appear for the CSR when a new job is created assigned to this customer account.
- Invoice Alert: This note field will display whenever an invoice is printed or emailed for this customer account.
- Dates: This is an information field that displays relevant dates such as the customer's last order based on order history.
- Work Order Note: This is a default note that appears on work orders created for jobs that are assigned to this customer.
- Invoice Memo: This is a default note that is printed on invoices for this customer.
- Customer Note: This is an internal note field that can carry over to jobs created for this customer.
The numbers assigned to these customers are what give the special purpose to the program. These customers can be located under Customers + Prospects in the subdirectory labeled 'Special Customers'.
- Customer #1 - Your Company: Whenever Printer's Plan should reference your company data, it will look for the information on this customer. For example, when shipping brokered work 'Back to us' in the purchase order tool.
- Customer #10 - Default Customer: The configuration of this customer will inform new records created moving forward. If a new customer is created, it will be created initially with a copy of these settings. This is useful for enforcing standard company policies such as common payment terms.
- Customer #20 - Planweb Customer: This customer will inform how Planweb customers will be created similarly to the functionality of the default customer (Customer #10). If you aren't using 'Planweb' this will not be updated.
- Customer #31 - Walk-In: The walk-in account has special properties that allows for new walk-in contacts to easily be converted to regular customers. Updating this information will only inform walk-in quotes or orders while the walk-in account is assigned.
Clicking the 'Contact' field will display the contact list.
Each customer can have many contacts that represent buyers and payers.
Print Reach Pay
Each contact can have a unique login for Print Reach Central and can be associated with multiple payment methods that can be used to process payments through Print Reach Pay.
These payment methods are 'per contact' and are stored in a tokenized format in Printer's Plan. For security purposes card information is not stored directly in Printer's Plan.
Customer accounts can have many shipping addresses that can be selected once entered in the system.
Vendor information in Printer's Plan can be tracked in Printer's Plan and is also used to create purchase orders for brokered work.