The Item request module, located next to the main inventory module, is designed to give users a tool for creating pickup and delivery sheets to use when picking up items from customers or vendors, or delivering items to customers. It also sets forth a process whereby a pickup/delivery request can be made by one user, handled by a second user, and the status will be tracked throughout the process.
The delivery request screen contains buttons for entering requests for inventory operations, such as
- Pickup requests: Requests for pickup of inventory items
- Delivery requests: Requests for delivery of items.
- Move requests: For moving items.
- Destroy requests: Requests for destruction of items.
Like other modules in Midnight with records you will be able access multiple times, the Item request module is introduced by a search screen, which will allow you to find old/existing pickups or deliveries, and reprint them, or copy them.
Pickup, Delivery, Move, and Destroy Requests
The Pickup, Delivery, Move, and destroy forms contain nearly identical entry fields on their respective screens. The difference between the Pickup and Delivery fields, and the Move and destroy ones are that the Pickup From field is replaced by a Customer field. The fields on these screens are used to enter data about the items, the time the request was created/filled, and the customer the request was for.
- Pickup From: Where the items are being picked up from, or Delivered to. This only appears on to Pickup and Deliver request screens.
- Customer: The customer where items are being Moved or Destroyed at.
- Requested By: The employee/user that is requesting the pickup.
- Create Date: The Date/time request was generated.
- Date Needed / Time Needed: When the request is due.
- Date Done: The date the request was completed.
- Completed by: The name of employee who is completing the request.
- Order: Once a customer is selected, select the corresponding order number for the delivery.
- Company: The name of internal company making the request.
- Warehouse: The warehouse this item currently resides in, if you are replenishing.
- Approved: A checkbox indicating if the request had been approved.
- Comments: Space for a free-form description of the pickup or delivery, which will be printed on the
documentation of the record.
The field at the bottom is for the items itself that need to be picked up/ Delivered. Once the information entered in this bottom field is saved, the fields will clear so you can input more information.
The address tab details where the items are going/ being picked up from. The address information will pull in from the Shipping Address of the Customer selected on the record, but it can be changed on a record-by-record basis.
The tabs are:
- Company: The company the request is for.
- Attention: The Attention the request is on. The options in this fields are pulled from the contacts list, and the Company tab.
- Address 1,2,3: The address's of the company, whether it is a office or a warehouse.
- Country: What country the request is to be made in.
- Phone: The phone number of the company
- Email: The email address that you will use to contact the company.
- Ship Method: How the items will be shipped
- City: What city the company is in.
- St/Prov: What state/province the company is in.
- Zip/Postal: The zip or postal code of the company.
Once these tabs are entered, you can click either the Save, or Save & Close button to save the Request. Clicking only the Save button will save your current progress on the Request but allow you to continue working on it.
Clicking the Save & Close button will add the request button to the Request list in midnight and close the request tab.
Clicking the copy button will copy the Request and open a duplicate of it.