This article details the Item details in the warehouse screen.
The tabs at the bottom of the screen that show specific details related to the selected item. Each tab contains different historical information regarding the inventory item.
The tabs on the bottom of the screen are Details, Paper Details, Quantities, Locations, Receipts, Transactions, Substitutions, and Lots.
- Details: The details tab contains various details relating to print timings, and shipping.
- Paper Details: The paper details tab contains specifications about any paper stock on hand for digital or off-set printing. It also contains information for the vendor, sheet specs, and the cost.
- Quantities: Shows the current quantities on-hand, reserved, and available.
- Locations: Displays where the items currently are stored.
- Receipts: Shows a history of all receipts for that item.
- Transactions: Shows a history of transactions recorded against the item.
- Substitutions: The substitutes tab allows for the entry of alternate inventory items for use on order where the selected item may run short.
- Lots: The Lots screen allows users to view and create lots. Clicking on the lot number allows you to edit the Lot details.
The details screen at the bottom shows general and postage information about the Item. The tabs are:
- UPC Code: The Universal Product Code of the item.
- Unit Value: How much the item costs per unit.
- Base unit of measure: The unit of measure the item is measured in.
- Display unit of measure: Whether it is measured for each item, or per 1000.
- PO Unit of measure: The unit of measure the PO uses, with the same options as Display unit of measure.
- Reorder Point: The amount of items when it will be Re-ordered.
- Reorder Quantity: How much to be Ordered when the Re-order point is reached.
- Print Job #: The number of a print job relating to the item.
- Obsolete: The date the item is obsolete by.
- Lead time: How much days to lead by.
- # Per Container: How much of the item comes per container.
- Reorder point email: The email that is contacted when Re-ordering.
- Print Job date: The date the print job was completed.
- Misc part name: The names of miscellaneous parts for the item.
- PO item: Whether it is a PO item or not.
- Print on Demand: Whether to print the item on demand or not
- Digital asset: Whether the item is a digital asset or not.
- Serialized: If the item is serialized or not.
- Print job Qty: Yes or no field on whether to print the job qty
The Paper Details tab contains details paper items.
The fields on this screen are:
- Vendor: The vendor of the paper
- Color: The color of the paper
- Material Type: The type of material whether it is a sheet or a roll.
- Finish: The type of Finish the paper has, such as Gloss, Matte, etc.
- Opacity: How opaque the paper is: Such as Whether it is fully opaque, or not. Not selecting Opaque gives you an option to select between 1 and 100 on the opacity.
- Brightness: How bright the paper is. Options are a scale between 0 and 120.
- Coated: Whether the paper is coated or not.
- Parent sheet length and width: The length and width of the parent sheet the sheet is based on.
- Basis weight: How much the sheet weighs.
- M weight: The weight per 1000 sheets of the paper.
- Caliper: The caliper of the sheet.
- GSM: The grams per square meter of the sheet.
- Grade: The grade of the paper, such as standing.
The quantities tab displays information about the available quantities of an item.
The Warehouse tab shows which warehouse the items are in.
The On-hand field shows how much is currently accessible from the warehouse.
The Reserved tab shows how much has been reserved by the warehouse, but is not current accessible.
The Available field shows how much of the is available. This number is the sum of the On-hand fields and the Reserved field.
The locations tab shows the Warehouses where the item is stored.
- Warehouse: The name of the warehouse in midnight.
- Description: A description of the warehouse.
- Lot#: The lot the item is located in.
- Quantity: How much of the item is located in the location.
The receipts tab shows the receipts related to the item.
- Date: The date the receipt was created.
- Delivered by: The date the items were delivered by.
- Quantity: How much of the item was involved in the receipt.
The transactions tab shows all transactions from a warehouse with the item.
- Warehouse: The warehouse a item is from
- Location: Where the Item is going to.
- Quantity: How much of the item is involved.
- BUM: Base unit of measure.
- Type: The type of transaction it is.
- Order#: The order number of the transaction, if applicable.
- Transaction Date: The date the transaction was made.
- Comment: A space to write Comments about the transaction.
- User Name: The username of the person who entered the transaction.
The substitutes tab shows acceptable substitutes for the item, when the item is not available.
- ID: The ID of the substitute. Clicking this will open a drop down list with all items.
- Item Code: The code of the item used by midnight.
- Description: A description of the item.
- Priority: The Priority of the substitute. The higher the number, the higher the priority is.
The lots tab shows the Lots where the item is located at.
- Lot ID: The ID of the lot as used in Midnight.
- Lot #: The number of the specific lot location.
- Date Created: The date the lot was created.
- Vendor: The vendor of the Lot.
- Invoice number; The number of the invoice.
- Cost Per Piece: The individual cost per item.
- Expiration Date: The date the Lot expires.