Inventory Transactions Follow
Inventory transactions are helpful processes that help manage the inventory of warehouses and locations.
Right clicking on any Item Code, ID, Name, or Description brings out the Inventory transactions menu.
The options in this menu are:
- Add: Adds inventory to a location, it can be an initial add if it is not done via a receipt or a put-back of leftovers.
- Subtract: Used for subtracting inventory from a location. It can be for a pull for job, pulling samples to ship, or a general usage.
- Move: This option moves inventory from one location to another.
Clicking the add inventory button for example, brings you to the add Inventory Transaction screen.
Add and Subtract inventory
The Item code and Item Name is already pre-entered, with the information taken from the Inventory screen.
The fields on this screen are:
- Item Code: The code of the item created by Midnight.
- Item Name: The name of the item in inventory.
- To Location: The designated location in the warehouse for for the Inventory Item.
- Lot: The lot number for the Item. This is selected through the Lot number of the item in the Item details screen.
- Order: The order number for the Item. This is selected from a drop down list.
- Quantity: How much of the item there is.
- Comment: Any comments on the inventory transaction.
- Locations: Shows the warehouse Locations for where the item could be stored.
Do note that the Inventory Transaction Add and Subtract fields are the same and have no differences aside from name and purpose.
The move tab is also similar to the previous tabs, but it has a To location tab because it is dealing with moving inventory from one warehouse to another.
The From and To location tabs describe where the inventory is being picked up from, and where it is going.
- The From Location tab is where the inventory is coming from.
- The To Location field is where the inventory is moving to.
Once the Save & Close button is clicked, the updated inventory will be displayed in the quantity tab of the inventory item. There is also a quick link for these transactions in the inventory display screen located on the top bar.