Company Information Follow
Setting up your Company Information
Before you begin working with Midnight, you need to set up your company information. This information will be printed on estimates, invoices and other areas throughout the system. At anytime you can go back and change the information on these pages.
The company information includes contact information, mailing address, phone numbers, e-mail, and web address. Additionally, you can attach logos to use on the system screens and client facing reports such as estimates and invoices.
To get to the company setup screen, click the Admin Settings panel, and then select global settings in the list on the left.
The first time you enter Midnight, you will need to enter your company information, or you may want to add a new company to the list. We will cover both processes below.
Editing an existing company record
In order to make changes to an existing company record, you must verify that you are on the Company Settings page in the Global Settings tab. If you are setting up your company for the first time, you can simply enter your company information and logos on this screen and click Save.
Adding a New Company Record
To add a new company record, or add a second company to your list, click on Add Company from the Select Company list. You may need to scroll up to see the option.
Once you have selected Add Company, you will see the Company screen, where you can enter the company name and address information. Here we created a company called Print Advanced International.
- Name – enter the full company name (to be used on estimates and invoices)
- Code – enter the company code (Note: this code is commonly used to integrate with already existing
accounting software systems)
- URL – enter the company website.
- Tax Jurisdiction – select the default tax jurisdiction that applies to the majority of your customers (Note: if you have multiple tax jurisdictions, you can select the most common code here)
- Parent Company – if the company you are entering is a subsidiary of a parent company, select the previously entered parent company from the list.
- Address 1,2, &3 – enter address for your company here.
- City, ST, Zip – enter your company’s city, state, and zip code.
- Country – enter the country.
- Main Phone – enter the company’s main phone number.
- Fax – enter the company’s fax number.
- Email – enter the company’s standard email address .
- Logo – use the Browse button to find and select the company logo for use on estimates, invoices and
- Edit Order Number - use this checkbox if, as a company, you want to be able to change the system
generated order number.
- Auto Deduct Inventory - see the inventory section for auto-deduct inventory process - these options are used to set the auto-deduct inventory functionality on the entry of either the actual drop date or the
close date on an order.
- Lot Tracking – see the inventory section for lot tracking functionality – these options are used to turn on or off lot tracking functionality in the Midnight Inventory module.
Note that due to the report logo image being a large size, you cannot see the system logo image in this screenshot.
Once you have entered all of the required information, click on the green button to save the company