Understanding the CRM in Midnight and how to add New Customers Follow
Midnight enables you to maintain key information on your customers and this information assists CSRs in servicing their accounts. Moreover, this information allows CSRs to quickly develop quotes, provide pricing specific to a customer, and access historical information in Midnight by customer.
The Customer Relationship Management Module (CRM) in Midnight allows you to maintain:
- Customer Address and Phone Information, and Contacts
- Bill-To and Ship-To Addresses
- Customer Specific Pricing
Your CSRs can readily access all vital information pertaining to your clients. The Customer Management Screen serves as the main work screen as CSRs are able to navigate from this screen to other screens throughout the system for managing customer information, scheduling and reviewing calls, accessing estimates and orders and running reports.
The CRM can be accessed from the third tab in the Customer Service Section of Midnight.
Accessing the CRM module brings up a screen which allows you to search for and select a customer. You can use the filters at the top to narrow how much Customers are displayed.
The filters are:
- Customer: The name of the Customer.
- Code: The code Midnight uses for the Customer.
- Address: The address of the Customer.
- City: The city the Customer is based in.
- Zip: The Zip Code of the Customer.
- State: Which State the Customer is based in.
- Phone: Business phone of the Customer.
- Type: The type of customer. Can be used to be either a Current Customer or a Prospect
- Rep: The representative
- CSR: The Representative from Customer Service
- Active: Flag for whether the Customer is an Active Customer.
If you want to add a new customer, click the New Customer Button on the screen and fill out as many of the details as possible (using the process set by your company), and then click Save & Close. The new customer will be added to Midnight and will be available for use on your new estimate/order.
Customer Details screen
The Customer details screen displays information about the selected customer.
The tabs on the top half of the screen are:
- Customer Code: Unique User-defined code to identify the customer
- Customer Name: Customer’s company name
- Address 1: Street address field
- Address 2: Street address field (Note: the 2nd address field will print out concatenated to the 1st Address field on the Estimates, Credit Memo, Invoice, and Postage Prepay Invoice)
- City, State, Zip, Country: City, State, Zip, and country code fields. For international or Canadian customers, you can enter the City, Province, Zip/Country Code, and Country in the City fieldwhile leaving the other fields blank.
- Phone: Phone number of the Customer
- Fax: Fax number of the Customer
- E-mail: e-mail of the Customer
- Website: Web address of the Customer
- Terms: Terms that your organization allows for the customer, defaults on estimates and orders
- Active: Flag for customers that you are currently doing business with
The Open Activities screen displays all Open, but Activities for all Users. If you want to filter the display, click on Filter Options to narrow down the list.
The Real-Time Activities screen displays completed activities, from the most recently completed to the oldest. This tool will allow you to see what is happening right now in sales and support. It also enables a sales manager to actively monitor sales rep activities and ensure their level of activity like dials, meetings, proposals, and follow-ups are meeting the company’s daily and/or weekly requirements.
Contract Pricing Search
The Contract Pricing search screen allows you to see all contracts Customers have made, in an easily accessible list.
Clicking on any of the project names takes you to the Project screen.