The Midnight CRM app allows users to view and complete CRM operations on a mobile device. These operations include: Viewing pending and Completed activities, viewing all Customers, viewing sales estimates and orders, seeing message history with contacts and clients, and more.
To install the app, search "Midnight Mobile CRM" and download the one with the same app thumbnail as below.
When you first open the app the log-in screen will show up. On this screen there are 3 fields, one for the URL, one for the Username, and one for the Password. There are also options to keep the user logged in, and to remember their password. Selecting the Keep Me Logged in button skips this screen on all subsequent times the user opens the app.
Once the user has tapped the Login button they will be greeted by the Activities screen.
The activities screen displays all Pending and Completed activities relating to Customers and Customer activities. There is also a search button at the top to search for a specific activity using the comments.
The screen displays the Date, Time, Name, Type of contact, and Customer name. The completed and Pending tabs both display these same fields. To filter the results that display, select the button in the upper right to open up the filter menu. The filter menu has options to sort by due date ranges, CSR, Representative, and User. Once you are satisfied with the filters, select the submit button to update the displayed list.
Adding a new Activity
To add a new activity, select the Blue plus button in the bottom right of the Activities screen to open up the new activity screen.
The fields on this screen are:
- Activity Type: What activity was performed, such as an Appointment, Call, Emailed, Next Action, or Other.
- Customer: What customer the activity was for.
- Contact: The name of the Contact at the customer.
- Due Date: The date the activity is due.
- Time Due: The exact time the Activity is due.
- Reminder: Whether to set a reminder before it is due.
- Email: The email of the contact.
- Phone and Extn: The phone and extension if applicable of the contact.
- Estimate: The estimate the activity is for. Once a customer is selected, this button brings up a list of all Estimates for that customer.
- Order: The Order the Activity is for. As with the Estimates field, this fills with all Orders for the Customer in midnight.
- Notes: A space for notes about the Activity.
- Comments: A free-form space for any comments about the activity. This space is displayed on the activity home screen. You can slso search for the Activity using the comments space on the home Activity screen.
Once you have finished entering the new activity, click the save button at the top of the screen to save the activity and enter it into the activities database.
The Customers screen displays all customers in your Midnight system.
Tapping on any of the Customers in this screen will open up the Customer details screen, which allows you to see a large amount of information about the selected customer. To create a new customer select the blue and white plus button in the bottom right.
This screen displays various details and information about the selected customer. This information includes:
- Details: The location, contact information, company details, and notes about the Customer.
- Contacts: The list of contacts at the company.
- Activities: The pending and completed activities performed with the Customer
- History: The Estimates and Order history with the Customer.
Selecting the pencil and paper button in the upper right of the details screen allows you to edit the existing details on the screen.
The information in the details tab includes the location, contact information, and various other information about the company.
To add new entries in the Contacts or Activities screen, select the white and blue plus button. Selecting that will take you to a screen where you can make a new entry.
The sales tab allows users to view estimates and orders for all Customers in their Midnight database. The search field at the top of the screen allows users users to search by Project Name.
Selecting an Estimate on this screen allows users to view the:
- Estimate Number
- Company Name
- Project Name
- Due Date
- Estimate Date
- Total & Tax
- Sales Rep
- Expected QTY
The Order screen contains most of the same fields but with some differences.
- Order number instead of Estimate number.
- Order Date: The date the order was entered.
- Job Progress: The progress update on the Order.
- Number of Versions: How much versions of the order there is.
- Close Date: The date the order was closed.
- Shipped Date: The date the order was Shipped.
It is not possible to enter Estimates, or Orders in the app. Because of this, you must use the web software to enter new entries.
The messages tab allows you to send messages to various users on your midnight system.
The more tab contains the Contacts, Dashboard, and Settings screen.
The contacts screen has a list of all contacts from companies in your midnight system.
As with earlier screens, pressing the blue and white plus button in the bottom right allows you to add a new contact into the system.
The dashboard screen allows you to see charts, graphs, and pie-charts of various data, such as Sales and Estimates per month, Estimates by Representative, etc.
The settings tab contains options about the app, such as logging out, allowing notifications, remembering username and password, and keeping the user logged in so they do not have to log in to the app every time they open it.